1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Percy

Post by Percy »

Hi, it could be a 2015 model, I ordered in April 16 and it was already built so who can tell. The dealer has been really good and said they would call me next week when Nissan confirm new engine (they were very confident this would happen) and would change the engine over in a couple of days. I'm going to wait and see. I'm really gutted that this has happened, I don't really want my car stripped down as I don't think they go back together the same again, I can see this affecting residual value as well.

Still nothing I can do other than see what happens.
2016 1.2 Ink Blue with glass roof.

Percy

Post by Percy »

Got a call today from the dealer who have been brilliant, engine swap authorised by Nissan and booked in for the 26th June. I'm away next week so may have to take the roof box with extra supplies of oil.
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

To be fair my dealer has been good too. Other than the fact it was missed the first time.
They've kept me informed and have contacted me when they said they would.
I'm looking forward to if/how different the car will feel with the new engine.
Mine felt a little sluggish when pulling away and felt as if it had flat spots between 1000 and 3000 revs.
Did you car have any noticeable driving defects Percy?
Percy

Post by Percy »

Is yours still at the dealer? I have been told the parts are on back order until mid June. I don't have any smoke from mine just the rattle and heavy oil use. It is terrible on fuel and I don't drive hard at all, I struggle to get 37 mpg. I think now I know there is an issue I'm looking for differences, not really sure there are though.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

my q q is march 17 ......2000 miles lots of short runs and ave 36 mpg so that's maybe the best it will do it cuts through the air like a brick mpg goes down over 60 mph very happy so far
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Percy

Post by Percy »

Agree it's a lot to ask of a small engine and a large car, I can live with the fuel economy as it's cheaper than oil per litre.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

my car is lease so dont. pay for oil top ups agreed with dealer when picking engine ...looked thro forum for advice before doing deal
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

The car was at the dealers as they first thought it would take around a week. Then there was a delay on the engine and was then told around 3 weeks as the engine has to come from Europe. It's probably sat on a pallet next to yours ready to be dispatched!
We now have our Qashqai back until then as the courtesy Micra was a nightmare to use as a family car.
As for mpg. Ours is ok. I can get to mid 40's around town if I drive carefully, my wife on the other hand has a heavy right foot and gets mid 30's.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Hi all,
I have merged thread 'Engine Replacment 1.2 dig t' started by Bladesilverqq into the bigger '1.2 DIG-T Oil loss' thread. Whilst this thread is getting large, I think its important that we continue to keep information about the issue in 1 place given the serverity, and continuation of the problem with the 1.2 DIG-T engines overall.

It is concerning to read that owners of 2016 models are starting to have the problem. An early 2015 car I can partly understand as Nissan, like all other manuf's do like to batch build and store so it can take some time for stock to works its way through the various sales channels, but really a late 2015 and 2016 example onwards, ought to have really have been solved.... so are we now looking at more a design issue with the engine, or simply Nissan, or even Renault who build these engines on behalf of Nissan have not learnt their original QC lesson?!
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

Well, got the Qashqai back with the new engine. Feels smoother when driving but when stationary sounds rough! When I give it a little rev, it sounds like the exhaust is blowing and something is rattling. Called the dealer and told to bring it back. Again!!!!! 😔