1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Montytb4

Post by Montytb4 »

Thanks Dave for the heads up,
I've read through one long thread & get the picture - am I right, basically Nissan are aware there is an "issue" with the air con systems are have told dealers to replace the condensers if a customer reports such an issue?
I will take that line with Bristol Street tomorrow, though I do wonder if mine is related to the engine rebuild work - did they do something while parts were disconnected or not put something back correctly or maybe didn't check the gas level after the rebuild.

The last time I was at the dealer, I joked with the service desk Nissan may need to be renamed BL or maybe British Nissan as their reputation looks to be taking a similar beating as the good old BL.
Seriously considering changing manufacturer next time - my QQ will be two years old next month, might say to my salesman "get me out of this car" or go to one of the other BSM dealers & see that they can do. a lot of my friends are going the lease route these days - any issues not their worry.
2015 1.2 N-Tec in Bullish Bronze :-) - Moved on!
2018 1.2 N-Connecta in Vivid Blue :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Montytb4, let's put it this way I reported the problem to our Dealer here, they gave me a Service Date, checked it out, found the leaking Condenser and ordered new, no question of re-gassing not even mentioned. Stores did mention parts were on back order - so read into that how you like.
My impression reading the Forum Facts is that the subject of re-gassing always seem to arise firstly, which can cost an arm and a leg if it comes out of your pocket. Lay your cards on the table, take a deep breath and discuss it - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Well spoke with a dealer (not the one I bought my QQ from, another one) and got a 'baseline' trade in figure, and a figure for a 1.6 DIG-T in both QQ and Pulsar form as well as some ideas of 'nearly new' examples... really not happy with this car anymore, I have finally snapped! Time to play hard ball with the original dealer and see where I get!

I am starting to think that this loss isn't oil, but could be power steering fluid. Shame I simply cant get under the car properly to check but what's making me thing that is the location of the 'pooled' oil substance is very close to the steering rack, and I simply cant find any evidence of a leak on the block. I have a leak on the Micra from the sump plug due to re-using the washer and its very evident that its an oil leak from the block..... my engine on the QQ is clean. Even felt around the turbo with my hand from the top - bone dry and I cant smell any oil burning....
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Put a large piece of card under the area of the drip ?
Or a tray to catch the drip ?
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

The under tray cover is in the way and I don't fancy leaving it off just in case I need to nip out quickly in it! Anyway, its booked into the dealer for Friday morning.
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

Hi all.
My 2015 Qashqai 1.2 dig t is currently at the dealers waiting for a new engine to arrive.
I had taken the car in a couple of months ago regarding excessive smoke from the exhaust and was told to take it on a long run as it was probably condensation in the exhaust.
I did this and the problem seemed to go but fast foward 1500 miles......more smoke, so I carried out an oil check and was shocked to see it on empty after it was topped last time at the dealers.
Took it in again and was told a new engine was needed as oil was passing the pistons. I wasn't really surprised after seeing the amount of threads on here regarding oils loss.
It's a little inconvenient but I'm pleased it's being sorted.
I was wondering if anyone reading this thread has had the same issues and had the engine replacement and has your car been problem free since?
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I've read an almost identical post to this on a Juke forum.
Incorrectly fitted piston rings was found to be the fault.
Allegedly a batch of engines were affected.

Good Luck
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Have you read this huge post I believe there was the mention here of engine changes or part and piston related problems - Dave ;)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2780&p=33458&hilit ... age#p33453
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

I came from a juke. Lots of 1.2 s had oil and engine issues. Appeared from memory it was a batch of engines made /fitted in a certain period. Seems less common in the qq
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Montytb4

Post by Montytb4 »

Dave,
Took the car in yesterday, double checked they were only investigating & not regasing & I mentioned I'd heard there was a known issue with the condenser.
The chap confirmed this.
I then spoke with the service manager, he also agreed & said there had been a lot of these last year, some had to wait 4 months.
I mentioned the 2nd service was due the end of the month & he offered to do it then as they have a 4 week delay...
When I picked the car up they confirmed the air con did have a leak, no gas in the system! They had put a warranty claim into Nissan for a replacement condenser & regas, hopefully will get done in 4 weeks.
Result 😄
2015 1.2 N-Tec in Bullish Bronze :-) - Moved on!
2018 1.2 N-Connecta in Vivid Blue :D