1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
fullm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by fullm »

Assuming you have the same issue we've all had, I would be surprised if they didn't fix it with a "goodwill warranty extension". Not to say it's a guarantee (I'm just a guy on the internet), but I'd say it's a likely shout.

Barnett1836

Post by Barnett1836 »

I’ve got a 64 plate 1.2 dig-t and the oil is disappearing rapidly ., had my car from a local main dealer since January 2019 , is this a common fault with my car ? .
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Unfortunately the answer is yes - I suggest you read this topic.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

An update from my previous post 11 Oct: about 2 weeks on Nissan Central have confirmed they will cover the costs of replacing the engine on my 64reg. It will be a reconditioned unit but they are taking care of it. In the meantime, am driving around in a new courtesy qashqai until mine is fixed.

Nissan Central/customer services are liaising with the local garage in sorting it out, am just waiting for updates. One of the engine cylinders failed the compression test resulting in loss of oil. More financially economical to replace than fix. The transmission issue has still to be looked at and discussed.

My qashqai has had every issue known and I always report it back to Nissan and local garage. I always have the car serviced by Nissan and that is key when dealing with them and responsibility. There are lots of stories/articles out there about all these issues and I remind them of this - it's not unique to my car! It adds strength to the argument, plus this forum.

I carry on awaiting progress on repairs to my car.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

You look to have had a decent result.

What warranty comes with the reconditioned unit, it might be best to get this in writing before it’s fitted, belt and braces 😁

A warranty is only useful when you need it😂😂😂
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

zezinho wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:46 pm An update from my previous post 11 Oct: about 2 weeks on Nissan Central have confirmed they will cover the costs of replacing the engine on my 64reg. It will be a reconditioned unit but they are taking care of it. In the meantime, am driving around in a new courtesy qashqai until mine is fixed.

Great to know you've got a good result on a relatively old car!

Will you now be selling it?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Virologue

Post by Virologue »

So an update on my case as I hope it will be useful for others. The engine had multiple cylinder failure with 2 of the 4 cylinders unable to function. This required a new engine, which Nissan Central green lighted to my Nissan dealership. They are putting in the new engine at the moment, but rang me telling me my clutch and fly wheel were severely worn and did I want to replace them during the engine fitting, at a cost of £1100. I contacted Nissan Central who kindly offered 75% contribution to the parts cost, and advised the dealership to not charge for Labour as they were fitting the engine anyway. So it came in a £220 and they have provided a courtesy car. I must say i have been genuinely impressed by Nissan Central, although you may be on hold for up to 40mins getting through, once you do though you get assigned a case manager and ref#. The case manager will call you back (and she did within a couple of hours) to talk through your issue in a very constructive way. Has my 2016 reg Qashqai been a pain in my backside since buying it new from the dealership, yes. Has there been error after error by the dealership, yes. But...have Nissan resolved the problem in the end with little cost to me, yes. I will let you know if any other issues arise with v2 of my qashqai engine. On the plus, I have a nearly 4 year old car with a new engine and clutch for £220. Now I need to find someone to repair the metre long hairline crack in the panoramic roof...will be interesting to see if the new engine fixes the crashing of the info system too....
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

Update: I have my car back from the dealers with a replacement engine (reconditioned).

All appears ok, didn't get any paperwork as Nissan Central paid for it but I've requested something stating the works been done + guarantee period.

Like the previous comment, Nissan Central/case manager was really good and dealt with known issues.

However, today (4 days in) the vibration issue is slowly appearing again, something the car had previously but it's intermittent and the garage apparently couldn't find anything wrong. Like the previous comment, I think it might be the clutch & flywheel, therefore an opportunity was missed when the engine was replaced?!

I will have to advise the case manager of this, as he asked to be updated on this other issue, should it arise again.

Recent contact with Nissan Central has been positive though, last week I even got a £50 John Lewis voucher for the Nissan Connect head unit issue (switching on/off/no sound). Let's see what happens.
camdit

Post by camdit »

[Hidden]
Last edited by camdit on Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Not good news. Good luck!