1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: 1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Post by calnorth » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:02 am

If I got the Nissan dealer piece wrong above I'll take it out. Could be suffering from "forum cross post confusion"

Other post here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9719

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:43 am

Newcastle evening chronicle has a post regarding NISSAN today may interest members
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car

fullm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by fullm » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:26 pm

david sunderland wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:43 am
Newcastle evening chronicle has a post regarding NISSAN today may interest members
...any chance of a little more information? I drove up to Newcastle to get a copy but by the time I got there it was the Tuesday after.

Winty27

Post by Winty27 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:16 am

Hello all thanks for the add first post unfortunately not a positive one from me.

I purchased this make and model Nissan Qashqai 2014 plate in 2017 with 21500 miles on the clock. I bought it on a pcp deal with the option to buy the car after the first 4 years .

It came with a warranty and some free service plans I payed for an extended service plan with courtesy car attached . During the second service I mentioned to the dealership I could smell burning oil when handing the keys over he said he would take a look. Service report came back unable to reproduce fault at time of test. In 2019 I started to here the timing chain rattling it was due a service so I took it in the service mechanic said there was no oil in the engine.
I questioned this and they said we have topped it up and told me to keep an eye on. I still wasn’t happy so in 2020 I told them I could still herd a rattling noise and they said it needs a new timing chain £1300. I started reading up and investigating and came across this issue is pretty common with this engine number.

I made a complaint and the garage escalated it but Nissan rejected cause of the age of the car. I then went to Nissan Customer Care GB. THE CC case manager and the dealership admitted that this car had a faulty engine and was faulty before I bought it. It’s been at the dealership four months and they have escalated it as a goodwill gesture.

The warranty company have asked the dealership to strip the engine to find out where the loss of compression is coming from the dealership are now arguing the toss saying who should pay for the 6 hour job the mechanics it will take.

I am gathering as much information as I can for a solicitor ( I don’t trust the motoring ombudsman as it has only 1 star on trust pilot and appalling reviews ). My solicitor has said I should ask for all the technical data relating to the car from the dealership ( sars request). I have all the service reports bar 1. I think I have some of the original bulletin from Nissan in 2015 updated in 2016.
Does anyone have anything they wouldn’t mind sharing with me about this known issue. Especially regarding this compression testing. The dealership have said it needs a new engine and customer care have said the warranty company have to follow this all up before a decision can be made.

A sars request takes 1month so if I am not happy about the outcome I want to use a solicitor as I bought the car in 2017 they new it had a fault. I have had no car for 4 months still paying all the tax insurance and finance despite being on furlough. Would appreciate someone else’s opinion. I will post my engine number up in a minute.

Also any bulletins related to this issue would be handy. Sorry for such a long post 👍
2014 Qashqai Digi-t glass roof pearl white

andyleadbetter

Post by andyleadbetter » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:48 pm

We had a 64 plat 1.2 which from 40k was 'losing' 1ltr per 1000 miles, topped it up for a another 25k, then got shut. Nissan made no effort to fix it. There is a bulletin for 500k of those engines having poor compression as a symptom of incorrect manufacturing. IIRC there is a link to the bulletin about it in the forums.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Winty27, welcome ! I would assume you have read this very long post which should include these attachments Incase you have not seen them here they are attached - Dave 😟

Nissan Qashqai owners driven to distraction by engine failures | Motoring | The Guardian : https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... l-problems

***** Renault / QQ : https://casse-moteur-renault.weebly.com ... _1505_.pdf

QQ : http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/uploads/14110/1.2p1.pdf
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Winty27

Post by Winty27 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:49 pm

Yep thanks Dave I read the whole post that mechanics detailed explanation was spot on. I have all those articles and more. That copy of the bulletin was the one I have to.
Thanks for the links I am just trying to understand more about it for solicitor if it goes that far. Its shocking to read about if you dig deeper into it.

Thanks for your help 👍

Winty27

Post by Winty27 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 am

Hello all so they got back to me yesterday saying they would replace the timing chain and tensioner. They would cover the cost of the part I have to pay labour and VAT. I don’t think this will ever solve the excessive oil consumption. I think they have totally tried to rip me off with this Car. Dealer told me my engine number is not in the range of numbers on the bulletin . I don’t think he knows I have I know of this bulletin as my engine number is smack in the middle .