1.5dci Manual judder changing down

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

My QQ is due back tomorrow after spending time at the supplying dealer getting a new front screen (heavy score) and front wheels (gloss back turned matt breaking through to primer) refurbished and in the mean time they lent me a 1.6dci manual.Mine is a 1.5dci manual and I was starting to notice a slight judder when changing down from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd at certain (acceptable speeds). I wondered if it was me or my imagination as it didn't happen all the time. So when they lent me the 1.6 dci manual I tried and tried to replicate the problem - but I can't (and I put nearly 850 miles on it in 2 weeks).Last week when the dealer called to give me a progress update on my car I mentioned the juddering and the fact that I couldn't replicate it on their car and could they investigate my car while they have it. They said my car drove fine and that the 1.6 possibly had a different clutch to the 1.5.When I get my car back I'll try to pinpoint the speeds at which it happens but wondered if any other owners experienced similar issues?
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Not had this on our car, also 2014 1.5 dCi. The only thing I know is that if the revs go below 1500-1700 you loose all torque so keeping the revs right is crucial. Could it be the clutch needs a slight adjustment?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

I get clutch judder, was told last week when it was at the dealers for its service that it is normal as it is a characteristic of a dual mass flywheel set up. Which I can understand. My clutch judder is only when pulling off in first gear when it's cold, once it's warmed up its fine, but I do get it occasionally changing down. I'm just going to monitor it. O and it's a 1.5dci
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Thanks for the replies so far. My 1.5 dci has now been returned. only had a chance to park it on the driveway (and inspect the car) but definately noticeable that the clutch pedal feels heavier. I think I'll monitor it over the next few weeks.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

@Monkeywba - Your dealer wasn't westway was it ?
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

What did they say they had done?
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

As i was told some time ago with my Peugeot 407 Diesel.. the Dual Mass Flywheel is in two distinct versions.One with small incapsulated radial springs between the flywheels and there is no judder and a very smooth drive but it's a expensive solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpy443ansPY The other version uses simpeler arc springs between the flywheels and it's cheap and seems to work nicely in most, but not all, situations.http://www.zf.com/brands/content/en/sac ... mf.htmlThe QQ has the ""cheaper"" version i am afraid.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Mass-Fly ... 5101Judder almost always is related to DMF problems.some more useful info:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBxOOTKxMI
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

[quote="Monkeywba"]What did they say they had done? [/QUOTE]
They did nothing, I was just wondering if WestWay were the dealer you were referring to as I noticed your location was Wolverhampton.WestWay Wolverhampton was the dealer I purchased mine from and who were doing the work on my screen and wheels.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

thanks QQ013 - I'm now more worried than I was before..... But more informed also...
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

SNAP! Yes that's my dealer to, they just said that the way it's meant to be! Crap really! Is your car new?