4WD

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

I plan to buy a 4WD Tekna later this year. There are a lot of "B" class roads in my area of travel which in winter can get a bit exciting since they don't get the grit/salt treatment. For that reason 4WD would seem a good option. I would like to hear of any experiences/concerns/advice regarding the QQ 4WD. Am I making the right choice? Obviously with 4WD I am limited to 1.6dci/manual transmission.Thanks for any info :)

Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I have now driven 15.5K miles in my Tekna 4WDOnly one thing needed repairing under warranty, the nearside front outside lock switch.I use winter tyres in the winter (they actually make more difference than 4WD alone) and had no problems in the snow although didn't have much this year.I think it coped with snow better than the kuga I had before.I just had to top it up with oil for the first time, I was hoping to wait until its first service but the oil warning indicator came on, at startup only, even though the level was still above minimum although getting close to it.Having come from a Ford, I appreciate that the Tekna has a heated front windscreen as well.Those 19 inch wheels are very easy to kerb, I use 17 inch in the winter and they are much more forgiving.I do a lot of mixed driving and have averaged 45.73mpg since delivery. The car tends to overestimate mpg and I would get a lot more by travelling on the motorway at 60 instead of 70 mph.It's an easy car to drive and the 360A° camera view is brilliant for manouvering.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Thanks Dr. - I appreciate the info
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Anyone else.....?
Zach Nicodemous

Post by Zach Nicodemous »

I've only done 800km on my Tekna 4WD so far, so can't really comment on it yet.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Thanks Zach. I hope it all goes well for you.
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

I've covered around 24,000km in mine since new. No problems relating to the specific model other than an unresolved hesitation as documented in one of the other long threads (that got polluted with a similar sounding issue that affects some CVTs).

I only got the 4WD version as it was in stock around the launch and I didn't fancy a 10 month wait for a normal Tekna. I leave it in 2WD mode unless I'm on a sandy track or when it properly rains - you can really feel it working on the slippery roads here.

98% of my journeys are on empty motorways and tend to be at around 130kph, it normally returns around 45-50mpg although on a 4 hour trip to Portugal last week I saw 56mpg (still at 130kph)