Orange engine light

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Qash

Post by Qash »

Today on the way to work I noticed orange engine light is on and no warnings. I travel with the ferry for a short while on the way to work so I had the chance to restart the engine a few times and the light is on every time. After 25 miles I stopped to shop and tried to start the engine again, and the lamp is lit again.After 10 minutes in the store I started the engine again and then the light is off and all was well again.Has anyone experienced something similar?
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Senad, not had this Problem but it might Need checking out just in case. Take a look at the following which might help you but in all cases it mentions the "Dealer" - Hope this Helps Dave This is a partial comment from the Nissan "Drivers Guide" :

MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT (ORANGE) :

When the Ignition Switch is turned to the ON position, the Orange
Malfunction Indicator Light illuminates.

This means that the System is Operational.

If the Orange
Malfunction Indicator Light comes on steady or blinks (where fitted) while the
engine is running, it may indicate an engine control system malfunction.

Have the vehicle inspected by a NISSAN Dealer or
qualified workshop. You do not need to have your vehicle towed to the Dealer.

On
Steady (Orange):

An engine malfunction has been detected. Have the
vehicle inspected by NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop. You do not need to
have your vehicle towed to the Dealer.

Blinking
(Orange)
(where fitted):

An engine misfire has been detected. Have the vehicle
inspected by NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop. You do not need to have your
vehicle towed to the Dealer.

Do
not drive at speeds above 70 km/h (43 mph)

Avoid
hard acceleration or decleration

Avoid
steep uphill grades

If
possible, reduce the load being carried or towed

The malfunction Indicator Light may stop blinking and
come on steady.

Have the vehicle inspected by NISSAN dealer or
qualified workshop. You do not need to have your vehicle towed to the Dealer.

CAUTION
:

Continued vehicle operation without having the engine
control system checked and repaired as necessary could lead to poor
driveability, reduced fuel economy and possible damage to the engine control
system, which may affect your Warranty coverage.

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DarronUK

Post by DarronUK »

The orange light doesn't alway mean DPF ( so don't get worried ) but it could be something to do with the ECU. Have a mechanic test for faults by using a electronic device which he should place underneath the steering wheel ( usually )If the car jerks while in town and not on the motorway that is an sign that it is the ECU computer.Have the car tested.
2015 QQ 1.6 dig-t 163 Tekna, Panoramic Sunroof, Gun Metal, delivered 2 September 2015
Qash

Post by Qash »

Drove the car two times after the incident both in town and outside and the light is no longer on. I felt absolutely no difference in engine performance when the light was on and the fuel consumption was normal.It looks like a false alarm but I will call the dealer and hear what they have to say about it.
Qash

Post by Qash »

UPDATE:Talking with the dealer and because the motor icon is no longer on, so he thought it was not necessary to come in directly and they would look at it later.I connected my OBD readers and received error code P0471 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Circuit Range / Performance.May be a poor connection or similar but I'll call the dealer again.
montimar

Post by montimar »

I had the same light showing and it turned out to be a failed temperature sensor which stopped me using the cruise control. No further problems after it was replaced. My only fault in 18 months of driving.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver