just going to order a Qashqai but want advice

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

My 1.6 dci auto is the quietest diesel I have ever driven and I would say quieter then many large petrol engines. I have had problems with the CVT but it would appear that Nissan have resolved these issues on more recently produced cars.
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I would insist on an extended test drive as a short drive of a few miles will not give you a true idea of comfort or performance. We borrowed a 1.5 dci for a day and did about 200 mile. Excellent car and have never regretted or choice but no use to you as manual only.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
duncho

Post by duncho »

there are quieter diesel engines than 1.6dCi, even 1.5 dCi is less noisy. 1.6 liter has more grumpy noise caused by different engine design than other diesels.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The 1.2 is certainly quiet, when I test drove it I frequently thought the engine had stalled! Maybe they refined the engine in my 5 week old 1.6, since Duncho's is so noisy. If you were buying, I agree the 1.2 makes more sense for low mileage. On Motability though, when you don't pay for parts, servicing. insurance, tax etc, then it's more down to which car feels better for you. Whichever you choose, congrats - you got a good 'un!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
m0bmn

Post by m0bmn »

HiA Big thank you to all the people that replied to this thread, still not sure which way to go (1.2 petrol/1.6 diesel) if i could be sure to get at least 35mpg out of the 1.2 around town and short runs (4-6 miles) i would certainly be pulled towards the 1.2 . i will have to get a test drive in both, anyone got a 24hr test drive out of Nissan? if so what did you say to get one?regardsPaul