New 2015 QQ Tekna 1.6 Xtronic

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
adszee

Post by adszee »

Hi All,
Not been on the forum for a while as my QQ born June 2014 up to this moment behaved its self since the new CVT box was fitted in April of this year 2015.
For the benefit of those who have not read my previous posts here is a quick recap-- I, like a few of the other members of this forum who were having numerous problems with software and the CVT box, after numerous back to garage visits I decided enough was enough, so I sent a registered letter to the top man in Europe outlining all the problems that I was having and in an nutshell asked for my money back/ new car. He agreed and gave me the choice so I chose the new car as I really love it despite all the problems and he assured me that the CVT problems have now been cured for the future models of the QQ I hope he is right and I have made the right decision.
So I am happy to say that at this very moment a brand new 2015 QQ is at the dealers being prepared for my collection next week.
I suppose the moral of this story is, if crap hits the fan, :D address it in a cool and professional manner and you will get results.

Cheers,
Adszee

Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Hello adszee
Glad to hear your new car is on the way. I expect you remember I also had same model needing two new gearboxes in just over a month, although I never drove car again after second one was identified.
Approx 2 1/2 months and over 3000miles now on my new replacement. Very pleased with eveything about it. Lovely smooth gearbox and everything else as expected including the comfort on longer journeys.
One advantage to waiting for the new car is the euro 6 spec for the engine.
I think I was very fortunate in that the Nissan dealership in Salisbury handled all the negotiations with Nissan for the new replacement and provided loan cars for the whole period. They were very co-operative and pleasant to deal with.
It really is useful to be friendly as well as firm when seeking refunds or replacements and of course some knowledge of the legilastion covering these problems.
I am sure you made the right decision to stick with it.
Best Wishes
Terry
July 2015 1.6 dCi Tekna 130 Xtronic Gun Metallic
adszee

Post by adszee »

Thanks a lot Terry,
Glad your hear your replacement is going perfect, will be updating the progress on the forum of my new car's running form. By the way what is the euro 6 spec for the engine?

Very best regards,
Adszee
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Re Euro 6 spec
As far as I know it is a slight modification to the engine exhaust emmisions. I think I have seen this somewhere else as well with regards to access by some older engined vehicles to some of the inner city controlled emmision zones. ( Not forgetting EU directives)
You will see the new prefix in the log book D.2 version which will read B06.
Hope I am correct. Better do some homework to check this and report back.
Regards
Terry
Robo

Post by Robo »

Not quite the same as live in Spain. Glad Nissan ES took me seriously with the gearbox problems. They were great and 11 months after buying my QQ I drive out a brand new XTrail ( paid the extra of course) where the gearbox is fine and it is an even better vehicle than QQ, a very happy bunny. Thank you Nissan :D
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Re Euro 6 engines/emmisions.
This link has a good article explaining the new standards.
Looks like i was fortunate that my new QQ was built to the spec required from this September.

http://www.dieselcarmagazine.co.uk/feat ... gulations/

Regards
Terry
adszee

Post by adszee »

Re: Euro 6 Emissions
Thanks Terry,
DieselCar is a good web site that you recommended, it explains all the 3 systems of emissions control I am just glad that we don't have to buy AdBlue additive with the Nissan system that would be more motoring expense!!

Regards,
Adszee