Diesel Tuning Boxes

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Been doing some online research into Diesel tuning boxes and found a few with tall claims that seem to tempt me into going for them.

https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_va ... P2506.html

https://www.chipexpress.com/products/4477/

Have queried them to ask about various factors & as usual their responses are in the positive.

Just wanted to check on here, if anyone has taken the plunge and what the experience was?

Thanks.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Been discussed before. Search for the posts. I think you'll find these products really are too true to be of any good. Personally I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi threesixty,

Many 1.2L dig-T turbo owners fitted such ecu piggyback from racechip ultimate to tdi shown in your link cos they include turbo boost. For thr only other 10% variant of 2.0L NA, the choice piggyback will be rschip.

Yes, they do work and add torque and bhp which I had personally tested with and wthout. Dyno was also done by one of the owner and looks fine as attached here.

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_2016-10-14-07-29-43.png

jstallan

Post by jstallan »

I had a tuning box from DTUK on my Zafira 1.9 DTI (150BHP) a good few years back. Yep it made a difference and definitely 'kicked' you back in the seat when you floored the throttle. Embarrassed a few Audi / BMW drivers trying to keep up with the Zaffy from time to time but it did mean tyres never last very long!
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

jstallan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:10 pm I had a tuning box from DTUK on my Zafira 1.9 DTI (150BHP) a good few years back. Yep it made a difference and definitely 'kicked' you back in the seat when you floored the throttle. Embarrassed a few Audi / BMW drivers trying to keep up with the Zaffy from time to time but it did mean tyres never last very long!
I too had a box on a Zafira CDTI along with a pedal box that tightened up the throttle - it was great to out accelerate the boy racers with their bean can exhausts as they try to pull past you going up a hill

I have still have the pedal box and CRD2 tuning box available for sale
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights