Please Help

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Korsh

Post by Korsh »

Good day guys. I recently got a low mileage HR16DE motor for my Nissan Qashqai 2008 model, 1.6l. I figured I could mount the engine under the hood by myself though am not a machanic, it looked straight forward, and I won. Everything went well, connected all terminals, car starts and the engine runs smooth except one thing. The motor I got came off a Nissan Tiida (also uses HR16DE). Originally my qashqai has a closed cooling system, no radiator cap, I pour coolant through the reservoir and it goes directly into the engine. Now, on this new motor, there is no inlet and there is just no way direct the coolant from the reservoir into the system. Just that one part is giving me a headache. Been thinking of bridging one of the pipes with a T shaped pipe but, I don’t wanna do something that will cause my engine to overheat. Kindly assist please, is there a way around this, how do I do it.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This is a little hard to visualise. Can you post some pictures?
Korsh wrote:Good day guys. I recently got a low mileage HR16DE motor for my Nissan Qashqai 2008 model, 1.6l. I figured I could mount the engine under the hood by myself though am not a machanic, it looked straight forward, and I won. Everything went well, connected all terminals, car starts and the engine runs smooth except one thing. The motor I got came off a Nissan Tiida (also uses HR16DE). Originally my qashqai has a closed cooling system, no radiator cap, I pour coolant through the reservoir and it goes directly into the engine. Now, on this new motor, there is no inlet and there is just no way direct the coolant from the reservoir into the system. Just that one part is giving me a headache. Been thinking of bridging one of the pipes with a T shaped pipe but, I don’t wanna do something that will cause my engine to overheat. Kindly assist please, is there a way around this, how do I do it.