Exchaust leak 2017 QQ 1.6D manual

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Jammyglen

Post by Jammyglen »

:shock: I have a 2017 QQ 1.6 diesel with 1600km on it.was driving the car today and the fan kicked in after a while.was parking the car and the fan shut off as normal.i noticed then while the car was still running that the rear exhaust box had small drops of water coming from the sides(where it's sealed)
Just wondering if this is normal cause I do know that a new system gets a carbon build up eventually sealing the joints.any help would be great before I contact the dealer which is never fun!
Regards Glen
QQ summit white /sv 1.6D 2017
Regards,Glen!
2017 1.6 diesel sv QQ manual

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You must have been on your back under the car when u saw this. All I can see when looking at the back of my QQ is the final part of the tail pipe & i have be almost on my knees to see it.

Your probably seeing condensation being shaken off the exhaust from vibration as it gathers at a seam. If the exhaust was blowing you would probably get a slight spray from the leak. I would not worry about it, but keep an eye on it.

Jammyglen wrote::shock: I have a 2017 QQ 1.6 diesel with 1600km on it.was driving the car today and the fan kicked in after a while.was parking the car and the fan shut off as normal.i noticed then while the car was still running that the rear exhaust box had small drops of water coming from the sides(where it's sealed)
Just wondering if this is normal cause I do know that a new system gets a carbon build up eventually sealing the joints.any help would be great before I contact the dealer which is never fun!
Regards Glen
QQ summit white /sv 1.6D 2017
Jammyglen

Post by Jammyglen »

Yes I was lying down to see where it was coming from.was a sizzling sound,obviously the back box was very hot so didn't want to anything there.only happened when the fan knocked off though.cause it's a new car,I'm assuming a carbon build will seal it.
Regards,Glen!
Jammyglen

Post by Jammyglen »

I will keep an eye on it and update the post shortly
Regards,Glen!
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I've never heard of carbon sealing an exhaust before. I would have thought the modern manufacturing processes would make such things unnecessary. I can imagine it on very old cars, but nothing say under 7 years old.

As your saying the car was hot enough for the fan to kick in & the rear box was hot, all I can imagine is some water above the exhaust was blown onto it from vibration as stated or win from the fan. Its all very strange.

A totally far out chance would be the head gasket leaking water into the combustion chamber, or the water coolant for the turbo getting into the exhaust. I would have a look at your water coolant level. But this is almost unheard of.
Jammyglen wrote:Yes I was lying down to see where it was coming from.was a sizzling sound,obviously the back box was very hot so didn't want to anything there.only happened when the fan knocked off though.cause it's a new car,I'm assuming a carbon build will seal it.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

jammyglen, where are you? What's the ambient temperature where you are?
Jammyglen

Post by Jammyglen »

Grand man cheers,I'll check all levels in the morning.I'll watch it closely.
Regards,Glen!
Jammyglen

Post by Jammyglen »

The temp yday was roughly around 13 Celsius.i live in Dublin Ireland so it ain't a very hot climate :lol:
Regards,Glen!
Jammyglen

Post by Jammyglen »

Checked all the levels this morning and were fine.im going to be giving the car a good run later so I'll check again,if it's the same I'll take pictures video etc.just in case I have to go the dealer.thanks all for your help so far!!
Regards,Glen!