Simple way to permanently disable auto Stop Start system?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Just saw this video on You Tube, which appears to show a simple way to switch off the Stop Start system without having to modify existing wiring, or switch it off each time you start the ignition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUBgAoSzRes

What do you guys think?

Nick
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QQ17, I think you will find that this modification was mentioned recently (Page 9/10), see attached - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2096&hilit=Stop+st ... Astarte=90
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I just wish there was a way to permanently enable it! Actuation once or twice a month is a joke!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

DaveBerlin wrote:QQ17, I think you will find that this modification was mentioned recently (Page 9/10), see attached - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2096&hilit=Stop+st ... Astarte=90

Thanks Dave - I guessed it would already be covered somewhere, but was unable to find it myself!

Nick
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Remember though that doing this will interfere with the full operation of the alarm system if it is fitted.
Deleted User 4390

Post by Deleted User 4390 »

Hi everyone, I noticed this thread and wondered why people would want to disable the start stop permanently?
Im just about to buy a '14 QQ 1.6 auto diesel and was looking forward to the start stop!

Damian
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

I don't know why anyone would need to disable the start/stop system permanently. If my start/stop happens to trigger and I don't want it to activate for the rest of the journey, then I just press the button on the console to prevent it doing so again on that journey. Is it too much to just push the on/off button rather than interfere with the cars systems?
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Like others, I have zero issue with the Qashqai stop-starting, because it just doesn't do it very often. Hardly at all really. Anyhow, with manual transmission cars you can choose when it shuts the engine down, so if you want a delay of a minute or so after a hard run before the engine shuts off, just don't take it out of gear and release the clutch until you are ready for the engine to stop. That's what happens with my CRV but the Qashqai hardly ever does so anyhow.

Where I do want to shut the system down until I'm ready for it is with my other automatic car. Every time I stop, however briefly, at a 'Give Way' for instance, the engine on the Volvo shuts off, even if only for a fraction of a second. It is a damned nuisance having to remember to switch the system off after every new driver-actuated start of the engine.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Quacker, I don't know how your Volvo works as I have never had one, but I have noticed with my daughters Smart Car, if you just apply enough pressure to stop the car, the auto start/stop does not activate i.e. the engine keeps running. Its only when you push the brake peddle down harder that the start/stop activates. Give it a try and see if your Volvo is as smart as a Smart ;)
Quacker wrote: Where I do want to shut the system down until I'm ready for it is with my other automatic car. Every time I stop, however briefly, at a 'Give Way' for instance, the engine on the Volvo shuts off, even if only for a fraction of a second. It is a damned nuisance having to remember to switch the system off after every new driver-actuated start of the engine.
duncho

Post by duncho »

QQ17 wrote:Just saw this video on You Tube, which appears to show a simple way to switch off the Stop Start system without having to modify existing wiring, or switch it off each time you start the ignition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUBgAoSzRes

What do you guys think?

Nick
Read the discussion below that youtube video that answers your question :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!