wobbling on acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Rogeshar
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Rogeshar »

thanks StuartSpanners! I am so glad I re-read this thread, I bought a 2.0 dCI 09 back in May and had an intermittent shaking when getting to between 50-65 but has been really bad recently especially on a trip on Sunday when going down the A64 when I thought the damn wheels were going to fly off.

Before I go ahead and get the garage to replace the dual mass, garage is going to replace the N/S drive shaft which we talked about during our hour conversation last night. It may not be it, it may need the O/S too, or may need the Dual Mass replacing or the Diff (please NO!!), but I have also had all wheels balanced as the dealer sorted my alloys for me and that was my first thought the problem was as the shimmying sensation is similar to wheels being out of wack.

Ruby (my car) is going into the shop on Thursday so fingers crossed after a nice shiny new N/S drive shaft she's all well again, I wouldn't mind but I don't expect to spend this money on a car I have had just over three months, not at all used to this as my previous two cars Mazda 323F and Toyota Celica Gen7 never had any serious issues.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks once again for sharing! x

Rogeshar

Post by Rogeshar »

New N,/S driveshaft solved the issue

12/08 - No, it didn't, I thought it has, but when I bought a caravan (895 max load, the max tow weight for Qashqai is 1200kg) it shook like hell. I have recently had a new dual mass and a clutch, still doing it. Now looking at a new differential!
Last edited by Rogeshar on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Good news :)
Rogeshar wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:27 pm New N,/S driveshaft solved the issue
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

Hi Stuart

The ebay item number ( 192601214495) that you gave earlier doesn't come up with anything. Any pointers to how I could source a re-con D/S from this chap that you mentioned? Ebay seller name maybe? (You can PM me if it's against forum rules to post.)
2008 Qashqai Acenta 2L Petrol Manual
StuartSpanners
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by StuartSpanners »

You're right .....maybe he's run out or waiting for more ? type in this number, 192671040060, it's not the driveshaft, but it is the guy that sold them, message him and explain what you need.

Good luck
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

OK, thanks Stuart.
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

All driveshaft stock is gone apparently. Must be a more widespread issue than we thought!
DaleLogan

Post by DaleLogan »

I had the same problem. Here in rural Wales the roads cane the cars pretty badly, so perhaps it was a more obvious effect, and it got suddenly worse. I could now feel the same effect on hard turns at moderate speed. I suspected the CV joint. I took it to my local friendly car repair garage. He found wear in the lower arm, but the CV joint didn't click, which is the usual symptom of wear, he said. But he changed both anyway, and the problem has gone away, entirely. Thanks so much, Simon! I have my Qashqai back, and it's a struggle to keep it under the speed limit, it's such a pleasure to drive once more!
DaleLogan

Post by DaleLogan »

I had the same problem. Here in rural Wales the roads cane the cars pretty badly, so perhaps it was a more obvious effect, and it got suddenly worse. I could now feel the same effect on hard turns at moderate speed. I suspected the CV joint. I took it to my local friendly car repair garage. He found wear in the lower arm, but the CV joint didn't click, which is the usual symptom of wear, he said. But he changed both anyway, and the problem has gone away, entirely. Thanks so much, Simon! I have my Qashqai back, and it's a struggle to keep it under the speed limit, it's such a pleasure to drive once more!
Rogeshar

Post by Rogeshar »

Update on my issues. Had nothing to do with the drive shaft, it was the dual mass fly wheel, cost just over a grand to have that and the clutch replaced. This was suggested from the off but you can really only confirm this when a mechanic takes it apart which is about 4 hours labour. The drive shaft did resolve it for a while, but then I bought a small light caravan and the shaking was back. I’m not impressed with this vehicle, spent around 2.5K in 12 months but I’m stuck with it, it’s only worth that in trade. Good luck, but if you have shaking on acceleration in low gears, and going up inclines, and it’s a diesel and has a dual mass, it may be that and prepare yourself for a BIG repair bill