wobbling on acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
rockchap
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Re: wobbling on acceleration

Post by rockchap » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Managed to sort mine out. Replaced drivers side driveshaft as gators were leaking and could see no damage or ware on passenger side. This did not fix the problem. I was 99.999% sure it was a driveshaft issue by the symptoms. Replaced the passenger side today which still looked OK. After examining the driveshaft all the CV joints were fine and started to look a little deeper and I found the problem!

Theres a rubber coupling thats part of the driveshaft and that was the problem as it had become "sloppy" and flexed under load causing the driveshaft to spin midpoint on an eccentric under load, causing the vibration. I have identified the coupling on a picture and as soon as I find out I will attach image.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Post by calnorth » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:00 am

I suspect you refer to the "spider" common to the CV joint systems. Pic below is the J10 drive shaft assembly. The related Nissan diagnostic refers to this shaft for all that is vibration and wobble.

Front Axle - Qashqai 07-10 Cardiagn com.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Justin B.
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Justin B. » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi All,

Someone help me please. I got same problem, car shakes from side to side on acceleration. Mainly in 2nd gear. All signs were showing driveshaft, which I replaced with the cheap ebay one. Problem still there. Later I found that ball joints were knackered, so a replaced both sides with new lower control arms, also new wheel bearings. Still have same issue and no improvement. Since reading on the forum that issue might be low quality driveshaft, I have replaced it with a good quality driveshaft and still nothing.

Any help please? I’m loosing my mind never faced a problem like that on the car.