Cvt 1.2

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Neo29

Post by Neo29 »

Hello

I own a Nissan qashqai 1.2 Cvt, new from february 2016. I love the car and drives good, but because this is my first Cvt, i have few things i question.

When i leave from parking i can feel the car shake a bit, hard to explain the feeling. Once i'm going its gone. To me it feels like the Cvt doesn't know what gear to pick.

Second thing is when i'm on the highway and going about 125 km/h and in regular drive mode. The car starts jumping, the needle on the left goes up and down, again it feels like the Cvt can't decide what gear to pick. When i drive faster or put in sport mode its gone.

I do have to say that these problems feel like software related, you just feel that some software is telling the gearbox not to shift or hold on.

I just wanna hear from other people with Cvt and 1.2 engine if they recognise these problem's and if this is normal for Cvt's. I told my dealer but he never get fault codes, so nothing to examine.

Thank you

Kevin

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome;
before posting questions pse use the SEARCH box in top left corner of page; in this case search for "cvt hesitation"; there are multiple threads.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D