Solid orange engine malfunction light

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks again I'll ask them to check it out. Told my wife and she couldn't believe original offer of looking at car was 17 days from asking !

Cheers
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good start arrive at dealer 7.45 am. Service dept in attendance but won't let me drop off keys until 8.00am. And the Nissan experience just keeps getting worse
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Phoned at 11.30 told it needs a new oxygen sensor which is up to a 3 week wait !
They 'think' that's a knock on of causing the start/stop to fail as well.
I know these things happen but not happy really. Gonna look at options to trade for another car. No finance so I own it. Sad as it's a good car when it works. Customer service a long way from the mark
All the best
Paul
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My original dealer was decent for service etc but it was a 90-mile round trip, so I changed for one more local. On June 12th I tried to get the car booked in for its first major service and some recalls, plus fixes like roof rail ends and dodgy screen washers - date they've given me is July 12th... a whole month, because they can't give me a courtesy car until then! And I bet when I get there there'll be no sensor, wheel arch inner, roof rail caps etc etc. It was much the same when I had a battery issue but I circumvented them and used the RAC. :?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sorry to hear hound. Picked it up tonight. Reset the fault orange light off but with 1/4 mile the stop start malfunction back. Dealer said it's safe to drive. Will get me booked in as soon as they can but be prepared for 3 weeks wait.

I asked when it arrived will I be booked in quick and they said yes.

Sadly starting my search for a replacement this weekend on the net. I can't get it out of my head thAt the 2problems I have had have resulted in poor customer service both times. I have a young family and a busy life just don't need the hassle. I'll keep you posted.

Only bright side is I won't drive the qq now and it will force me to run Round in my ST 200 - not a bad problem to have - as long as I don't have to ferry the kids mates round the net couple of weeks !
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Phone call out of the blue a sensor 'has been discovered' being fitted next Thursday.
Some faith restored. However I mentioned again about drop of that I would like arrive 15 mins or so before they open. Nothing they can do even if staff in so will have to wIt until 8 am !
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sensor fitted Thursday. Used it Thursday and a lot today. No issues. Looks like job done.

Car going in the next 4-8 weeks let's hope oxygen sensor sorted now.
All the best
Paul