Solid orange engine malfunction light

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Started car up today and solid orange light on. Turned it on and off. Drove 3 miles (after referring to the manual) as had to make an urgent short drive. Light still on. Says visit Nissan dealer but car can still be driven normally. I guess it could be a magnitude of engine things. Car has 4,100 on the clock now in 14 months.

I did a search but lots of topics on this. Happy if mods merge with correct topic if they see fit.

Any guidance helpful - I presume I should book it in with Nissan rather than calling Nissan assist ?
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Can you check for an error code with an inexpensive OBD2 Bluetooth code reader and free phone software?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Username:

Post by Username: »

i would ring nissan assist thats what its for they can check the fault codes,i had a problem with mine a couple of weeks ago and the dealer told me to ring assist because of the time to get it looked at and assist can organise a car if needed
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Bullyboy, its probably the cars ways of complaining to you that its not being given enough road time! Only 4100 miles in 14 months!
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks for the comments especially you gvmdaddy! Lol 🙈🙈

Just an update. I read some general stuff and decided to take the car out about 2 hours later. Light gone and never came on. The only thing I can think is the car was not driven since last weekend and I started the car this morning to shuffle cars round on the drive so it was only running for a moment. I have read possibly so unburnt fuel in the cat which throw up an engine warning light ?

Look it for a 5 mile drive later and it seemed to have cleared it

I'll keep an eye on it and keep you posted.

Thanks again for replies.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Well started car today and Orange CEL is back. Did 6 miles then another 6 miles back and still on. I'll drive it again tomorrow but maybe a trip to dealers.

Would it be worth getting a obd reader off eBay and checking fault code myself as intermittent?

Comments please cheers guys
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Went out 3 hours later. Light gone. Ordered at bod reader. Let's see
All the best
Paul
Hound

Post by Hound »

I identified my fault with an OBD reader and Torque app on phone - it was useful to go prepared when taking the car back to the Nissan dealer. When it next appears, take a photo of your CEL in case it mysteriously vanishes again when at the dealer's!
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks. I'll let you know when the reader arrives. I presume port is near the fuse box ? Also do you have car running when you plug in ? Thanks
All the best
Paul
Hound

Post by Hound »

Port's over to the left of the fuel flap/bonnet release levers. You have to pull off a cover, which feels like it'll snap because it takes some welly - but it won't. You plug the OBD-II adapter in before starting the car.

panel.jpg

Viewed from below

scan.jpg