Solid orange engine malfunction light

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, I see MIL & Oxygen Sensor mentioned here, has this Recall anything to do with fault ? - I thought I would give it a try Dave ;)
The electrical problems are funny on the QQ, after having the NEW Nissan Connect System installed we tried to get the Bluetooth / iPhone working. It was 30+ we had the doors open, engine off, then the Battery warning came, started motor but the download just would not go. After shutting everything down, shutting the doors, waited for 5 mins, re-entered and download started straight away.

IMG_3714.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks Dave. I think this was looked at at this years service. If not good to know. I'll wIt for it again and give a full description next time. Appreciate it.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Well orange CEL back today. Used the car 3 times nothing. On the 4th it's back and it has a friend with it .......

The friends name is 'Auto Stuart/Stop Malfunction '. Yay.

I'll haven't read the codes yet. Will phone dealer and book it in.

Starting to lose faith. In 4,300 miles and 16 months. 2 recalls. 1 power module issue combined with poor handling of the item. Now the 2 mentioned above. Not feeling the love.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

What make is the battery? Fiamm by any chance?
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Yes battery fiamm. Got 2 Po138 codes. O2 sensor 1 bank 2 and aP0037 heater control circuit code

Any advice appreciated but will book it in.
All the best
Paul
Deleted User 759

My money is still on battery given your symptoms.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Can you give more explanation?

Phoned Nissan today at my local dealer earliest they can see me 29th June ! Joke.

I am booked in at my second nearest dealer 20th June. Let's see.

However if it gets fixed and another problem appears in 2017 going to look to trade in for something else. Can understand faults happened but dealer service a joke. My previous problem poorly handled.

Let's see
All the best
Paul
Deleted User 759

Best thing to do is try another dealer if your current one is iffy. Nissan warranty and 'pre-bought' service packages are transferable (read: the dealer gets paid by Nissan for the service/warranty work so they will probably want the work!!)

As for explination, I detailed about the low battery voltage in a previous post in this thread causing issues with sensors.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks Splank just re-read. Should I then be asking for the battery replaced ? Are the FIAMM batteries poor ?

I'll keep you posted. Need to use the car at the weekend let's hope it can still be driven.
All the best
Paul
Deleted User 759

I would see what they say. Explain the problems to them, make the suggestion that you have been told of a possible battery issue and go from there. The other problem you could have is some sort of charging issue.

As for FIAMM battery's being poor, FIAMM as a brand are quite good, however there was a bad batch floating around. My FIAMM in my QQ has held out for 3 and a half years fine with no issues and chances are it will last longer, and I have used FIAMM outside of automotive (I have a around 60 12aH lead acid batteries in our works data centre UPS which never seem to miss a beat). I think the wife's Micra has a FIAMM I think and that's heading towards 6 years.