Automatic gearbox power loss between 30-40 mph

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
smokeycat

Post by smokeycat »

Hello

Have a Qashqai 1.3 dig turbo which seems to not to be sure what gear it's in when being driven between 30 -40 mph, also when accelerating from these speeds I seem to get a power loss before it surges forward and decides what gear it should be in.

My problem is this, when informing my dealer (Glynn Hopkins) they suggested I leave the car with them and 'for a few days one of there engineers will use the car to and from work to assess the problem'.
Is this the normal way to go about solving this? While I'm sure whoever uses the car will assess the issue will it be used to ferry the family about and perhaps a trip to the seaside.
I welcome your comments.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Smokeycat, try sticking "CVT Gearbox Problems" (or similiar) in "Search" as there is a wide range of comments on Gearboxes that might help you or might not. Getting a Nissan Technician to use the QQ seems a logical way to find the problem because how else can they check the faults except under driving / road conditions. But I must admit I would also be concerned how your QQ is used, mileage, weekend etc. which needs discussing with your Dealer - Best of Luck Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
smokeycat

Post by smokeycat »

Hi Dave

Thank you for your reply and suggestions, have my first service due next month and will explain my reservations then.

Alan
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I would suggest they would treat you and your car with the greatest of respect by virtue of the fact they informed you. Personally I would have thought they would have at least checked if there were any software revisions first though, as many of these type of issues are software related.

smokeycat wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 pm Hello

Have a Qashqai 1.3 dig turbo which seems to not to be sure what gear it's in when being driven between 30 -40 mph, also when accelerating from these speeds I seem to get a power loss before it surges forward and decides what gear it should be in.

My problem is this, when informing my dealer (Glynn Hopkins) they suggested I leave the car with them and 'for a few days one of there engineers will use the car to and from work to assess the problem'.
Is this the normal way to go about solving this? While I'm sure whoever uses the car will assess the issue will it be used to ferry the family about and perhaps a trip to the seaside.
I welcome your comments.
smokeycat

Post by smokeycat »

Hi Daewar

Thanks for the info. regarding the possible software updates (didn't know they existed, I come from a strictly elecro/mechanical age!) will ask about them at the service date.

Thanks again

Alan