Hole in transmission - breakdown

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
luke78
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by luke78 »

Hi,

I recently purchased a 3 1/2 years old Qashqai 1.2 Petrol, 10,000 miles. Within 24 hours of driving away from the dealer I had broken down on the motorway after a loss of power and terrible crunching noise from the engineer/gears.

The dealer sent the car to Nissan to check and they have diagnosed a hole in the transmission causing the issue so they won;t fix under warranty. Whilst still committing to put the problem right, my dealer is suggesting this would've been picked up on their service before I bought the car and sounding surprised that this has even happened when the transmission is usually heavily protected.

has anyone heard of similar issues with the Qashqai? Should I be seriously worried that I've bought a dud with issues that I should be handing back and asking for a refund??

Thanks

switchback

Post by switchback »

Was the hole made by something going in or going out?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Since it has been done by a foreign object, get your dealer to repair it through your comprehensive insurance policy.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

switchback wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:24 pm Was the hole made by something going in or going out?
Isn't the underneath of the engine bay now covered these days, so if something "going in" caused it it would surely have left a hole in that as well, so more likely damaged from the inside.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T