MOT pre warning for diesels

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

:!: WARNING :roll:

I didn't have mine tested at dealers, but saw this notice at a Nissan dealer in Richmond, Nth Yorks.
I was certainly never quizzed.

Were any of you when NOT using your dealer?

Mot warning_1.png

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, that sign and comment brings back memories. In 2003 I bought an Audi A6 Avant 1,9L Diesel from my brother-in-law in the South of Germany. I had to get it MOT'ed (TÜV) and the Checking Station would not check the vehicle until I showed them the Garage Check List and that the part had been changed as they were worried the engine would blow - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

This warning notice is because some garages hold the revs at 2500-3000rpm for 20secs to test the emissions.
If your timing belt isn't upto scratch then It could let go, causing major engine damage and a very expensive repair bill, that you could argue would be the garages fault.
I think most cars only require a new timing belt at around 70,000m so that's why they don't always ask the question.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Spoke to a pal who,s MOT tester about diesel test they don't hold it now for 20secs....they get result with a good rev then back off .....ask about belt and they check oil level ...if its below min level test not done or top up oil level and charge customer......but good advice is take your car for a run before test to clean it out.....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car