exhaust condensate

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I got my 3rd QQ in the summer, and now that the colder damper mornings are upon us, yet again I notice the QQ seems to produce a lot more exhaust condensation than other cars on the street. (mainly noticed by it obscuring my rear view camera as I reverse into my works parking spot).

When it's much colder and darker in the months to come, all cars will be doing it, but now it's just on the cusp on my commute in this morning the only cars I noticed with visible steam were all Qashqais.

There must be something about the exhaust design on a QQ that makes it more prone than other cars to gathering dew and water overnight.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Might be poor quality fuel ......water in the petrol ?
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
switchback

Post by switchback »

chrisw99 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm I got my 3rd QQ in the summer, and now that the colder damper mornings are upon us, yet again I notice the QQ seems to produce a lot more exhaust condensation than other cars on the street. (mainly noticed by it obscuring my rear view camera as I reverse into my works parking spot).
How far is your journey to work? If it is still generating steam when you get to work then it's not getting hot enough to vaporise all the condensation from the exhaust system. Over time this will continue to build up until you take it for a long enough drive to dry it out completely.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

switchback wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm
chrisw99 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm I got my 3rd QQ in the summer, and now that the colder damper mornings are upon us, yet again I notice the QQ seems to produce a lot more exhaust condensation than other cars on the street. (mainly noticed by it obscuring my rear view camera as I reverse into my works parking spot).
How far is your journey to work? If it is still generating steam when you get to work then it's not getting hot enough to vaporise all the condensation from the exhaust system. Over time this will continue to build up until you take it for a long enough drive to dry it out completely.
Only 5 minutes. Engine temperature gauge is usually still stone cold!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
switchback

Post by switchback »

Sounds like you need a pushbike :D .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.