Turbo failure on a new Qashqai

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Emilian1978
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Emilian1978 »

Hello,

I'm new to this forums. English isn't my mother language ... sorry for the errors. I'm here just to tell to any new potential customers about my Nissan experience.

The turbo is dead now, after driving the car only in town. I never pushed the car over 3.000 rpm and never on cold engine. I own turbo diesel cars since 1995 and I know how to take care of the engine. I'm a doctor and also a very calm person so I'm not pushing ever my cars to the limits.

I'm very unhappy with this Nissan. The car is ruined 6 months after the expiration of the warranty period.

Now I must pay some 1.000 euro to open the engine and about 3.000 to replace the turbo ... for a new car (2013) with 60.000 km on board. Do you think it's worth paying this ? I've read that once broken, it is most likely after 20.000 km it'll break again...

OFC the dealer is insisting in paying for the repairs.

Thank you for any possible advice on this ... if it is worth repairing it or not.

Have a good day.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Your written English is better than that of many "native" speakers I've seen! ;)

Have you spoken to Nissan Customer Services to try and get them to contribute something towards the repair as goodwill? Some folks here think the best way to get a positive resolution is to openly post on their Twitter account, which often gets a fast response.

Perhaps the people who have experience of this sort of thing on Twitter can advise you. Good luck!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but a 2013 car is not new.

Have you owned the car from new?
Emilian1978 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:46 am Hello,

I'm new to this forums. English isn't my mother language ... sorry for the errors. I'm here just to tell to any new potential customers about my Nissan experience.

The turbo is dead now, after driving the car only in town. I never pushed the car over 3.000 rpm and never on cold engine. I own turbo diesel cars since 1995 and I know how to take care of the engine. I'm a doctor and also a very calm person so I'm not pushing ever my cars to the limits.

I'm very unhappy with this Nissan. The car is ruined 6 months after the expiration of the warranty period.

Now I must pay some 1.000 euro to open the engine and about 3.000 to replace the turbo ... for a new car (2013) with 60.000 km on board. Do you think it's worth paying this ? I've read that once broken, it is most likely after 20.000 km it'll break again...

OFC the dealer is insisting in paying for the repairs.

Thank you for any possible advice on this ... if it is worth repairing it or not.

Have a good day.