Injectors numbered right to left? or left to right?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
pablocullen
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by pablocullen »

Hey

I have a P0202 Injector Circuit/Open Cylinder 2 fault code on my 2012 Qashqai 1.5dci which im figuring needs to simply be replaced with a new one.

I just need to confirm cylinder 2 is second from the left? Also any pitfalls to avoid while doing this would be great.

Thanks all!

Paul

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

With the drivebelt on the left, the cylinders are numbered as shown.

cylinders.jpg

Here's some info on injector removal and replacement.

inj01.jpg

inj02.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Why do people ask questions and then not bother to come back and look for the answer?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Russellthekiwi
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Russellthekiwi »

:D well regardless of the non acknowledgement from the original poster I appreciated the detail... same error and wanted to know same answer.

I have swapped the injector from 1 and 2 across.. I have not swapped the fuel lines or replaced the seal at this time... but will consider it if anyone gives a significant reason such as the high pressure line is a use once and crimps when tightening same for the fire washer.

I believe this error can have a few causes so before I spend hundreds on new injectors I am keen to see if I can narrow it down.

I did the return flow test I saw on line and interestingly #3 had a higher return rate and the others were consistent.

I am getting the injector 02 error, have reset the dtc and it returned. I also have a glow plug warning but it starts and runs fine so I suspect separate and low priority

The orange and red dash lights and the two traction control lights are also on. All have cleared and retuned ... rough under load, like low revs living in 2nd sounds like it’s missing but idle is quite smooth and although perhaps a touch of white on start from cold... ( could have been moisture) as none else seen all day )

Finished swap in evening ... but as I used break cleaner to help clean up i want to make sure all has evaporated before starting just to be sure... will update tomorrow ... wish me luck... but any critical observations will be welcome as won’t get back to it for another 12 hrs...

Cheers
Russellthekiwi

Post by Russellthekiwi »

So ... it started ... but the seal on no 2 wasn’t good so had to pull apart.

Looking at the injector I am trying to figure out if the fire seal washer is the copper 3mm mated the injector or is still stuck at the bottom of the injector well.

Anyone changed the injectors and happen to recall?

The injector when I refit doesn’t feel snug. 30nm on the fastening bolt was ok... but anyone know if perhaps the injector should be given a tap into place or some sort of sealant used?

Thanks
R
Russellthekiwi

Post by Russellthekiwi »

Current Situation: ANY IDEAS why a Diesel engine would start , run for 30+ seconds then stall? then start again later under this circumstance but only again for a few seconds?

Latest:

Firstly, I figured out my answer to the washer question above ... the copper washer on the end of the injector is the Flame Shield Washer, just seems to get baked on their pretty well... so leaving it be. I put everything back together, no leaks etc and it ran fine.. but was still missing and reporting P0202 fault despite swapping the Injector between Cylinder 1 and 2 (left pair when looking at the engine, closest to the belts etc on the left side of the engine). Took it for a short test drive and definitely not running on all four.

Looked for the wiring diagram, found it in another post for the J10 (thanks) tried tracking that wiring back, but without concrete success... I thought I had the correct harness in the fuse box as wiring colours seem to match, but a circuit test didn't show a direct connection...however it did reveal that there's a circuit on Injector connector 2 on both pins and it's consistent with another cylinder's Injector readings ... so I don't think I have a wiring harness problem between the Injector connector and it's return point.

HOWEVER ... new problem after putting it back together, the engine will start and run for a few seconds, but then stall. It then will not start again, turns over fine ... but when I returned 2 hours later it repeated this same ... starts idles, won't climb above about 1200 .. but then dies ... like it's starved or air or fuel... checked all the fuel lines, can't see a problem there. It was running and had a test drive since I last had the Injectors out... and the fact that it will start and run briefly suggests the core wiring is OK - not a blown fuse etc.

NOTE: While I was trying to diagnose the wiring, I did remove the smaller white and the brown connectors at the fuse box to gain better access to the wiring, but I've checked and both are secure ... not sure if that might have caused something to reset perhaps in the main computer?

While I was checking the wiring, I DID ALSO use a circuit tester to check the glow plugs to verify wasn't the same cylinder ... the P0380 fault seems to relate to the Glow Plug in 3, that has the highest resistance .. the other three none - so as parts are closed today, and I also need a long neck socket to get the GP out I'm ignoring that for now. I don't think I've stuffed the other glow plugs as the engine has clearly started twice and I think I'd be lucky to start it at all if I'd done that.

Getting a bit stuck now, and it can no longer be driven to the garage unless I figure out what's gone wrong causing idle/stall... really would appreciate any suggestions from here ... wife's started shopping for a replacement :(
Russellthekiwi

Post by Russellthekiwi »

Runs... was either an air problem as I removed and re-connected the main incoming fuel line where it enters the high pressure system.

Or, from another forum .. I'd messed up the immobilizer as the other post told me to try using the key directly ... and boom .. starts, runs, idles (roughly) and will stop/restart. ... so back to my original issue ... P0202 .. if I've swapped the Injector between 1 and 2 ... and the fault didn't move .. any ideas what else - given that it doesn't appear to be a primary wiring circuit to the injector that's causing it (from my preliminary review). Can you get a P0202 error from another injector failing? any other known causes?

Thanks ... I'm hoping that a lack of any feedback is just related to the long weekend, not that I'm posting incorrectly... I know I'm continuing another thread but it seems linked to the original user's issue .... and is starting to read like a comedy, perhaps it'll put someone else off trying this process... certainly stress level last night when the car wasn't starting had me thinking
Russellthekiwi

Post by Russellthekiwi »

Well, after all that ... the injectors were fine. The fault was pin 13 on the ECU. If you're getting this fault, you MIGHT just want to try removing and cleaning the connections at the ECU, if I'd left this with the average garage I'd quite possibly have been shelling out a full set of injectors and still have the fault. ... Just in case try the easy end of the cable that you don't even have to take the engine covers off to reach - as that's a LOT less hassle!

also changed the glow plug, that was easy!
Raj864

Post by Raj864 »

Hi mate I have same error in my Nissan qashqai 1.5 2011 I clean ECU plugs with electric contact cleaner after one week it’s came back with same error and engine light could u please Halp me with that how u fixed
brrrrummm_brum

Post by brrrrummm_brum »

Hound wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:32 pm With the drivebelt on the left, the cylinders are numbered as shown.
cylinders.jpg
This is incorrect. From left to right they are numbered 4,3,2,1