MR20DE petrol engine EGR or not?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

I'm 99% sure that this engine doesn't have an EGR valve, it uses an internal recirulation system I presume.

I have always had issues with flat spots and hesitation when pulling away and between low gears along witth a generally stumbly drive. I've had it checked out and no engine codes came up. It was all reset but is still the same. Its so annoying I'm looking to sell the car.

New filters, oil and plugs have made no difference.

I know that EGRs can be troublesome and best blanked off, so can anyone tell me where iit is or if the petrol J10s had one?
2008 Qashqai Acenta 2L Petrol Manual

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

For the two diesel models (K9K and M9R), the service manual refers to an EGR Volume Control Valve in the Engine Control System section; for the two petrol models (HR16DE and MR20DE) it does not mention an EGR.

To eliminate it from your enquiries and see where it is and what it looks like on the diesels, see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5888&p=51992#p51992
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

Thanks Hound. Had a look around and can't see anything looking like an EGR valve. I presume that it would be near or have pipework going to the throttle body in order to redirect the gases back through it, so it seems the petrol engine doesn't have one. It does have a PCV system, but that isn't really the same.

If EGRs are common on modern engines, as I often read, I'm lost as to what the Qashqai petrol engines have on them to do the same job?
2008 Qashqai Acenta 2L Petrol Manual