Steering noise

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

It's at Nissan now.
They say they're going to replace the steering grommets. Add this to thebush in the column, the suspension mount parts and the lubrication I hope this fixes it.

Cardiactech
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Cardiactech »

Mine has just had the turbo fail and I’ve asked them to look at the steering for the same problem!
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

When my wife took the car in yesterday she asked for printouts of the previous work to the steering problem. It turns out that nothing has been replaced only lubricated. The steering joint, the suspension bushes, steering grommets, steering rack dust boot. I was told that there were replacements! Really not happy now. 😠
Rhino2k
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rhino2k »

My QQ is also doing this, It is quite irritating as the car is so quiet (1.2)

Luckily all my issues have been minor so far (steering, washer jets, parking sensors) Aside from the dealer damaging the screen before I collected it and asking me to claim on my insurance!

When I refused and they eventually agreed to fix it, They dented the passenger door.

I do wonder how these dealers can operate like this. I need to go in on 2 separate days to have the above sorted, But have my doubts it will be fixed.
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

I am getting a lot of steam out the exhaust and the car is only 4 weeks old. Presumed it is normal for a QQ
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Geordieman wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 pm I am getting a lot of steam out the exhaust and the car is only 4 weeks old. Presumed it is normal for a QQ
Perfectly normal in cold damp conditions.