Car not starting (loss of power)

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Richard79
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Richard79 »

Hello guys.

I'm new here and hopefuklly I'm not duplicating a orevious post. wondering if anyone can give me some advice.
My QQ won't start recently as when I start the car the engine doesn't start and I get a clicking sound with lots of warning lights. Everything else powered uo like lights, satnav, fan etc. Just not the power to start the car. The Rac got me going instantly with a jump start. He checked the battery and alternator and confirmed they were working. 2 weeks and it was running fine although I could tell start up wasn't quite so instant for a few days and inevitably it happened again.

My wife does do alot of short trips (2-3 mile runs) as we have a newborn but yesterday I did a 140 mile round trip to Somerset and this morning I did a quick run to the shops which was fine but I went to start the car a few hours later and it did the same thing. Thankfully I bought a jump start pack so got it going and had battery tested twice today and both garages have tested alternator and battery and showed as working normally.

This leads me to believe it could be some type of parasetic drain. I've checked the car and can see all interior lights go off once car is locked so not sure what else it could be. I'm out of warranty and will take it to nissan soon when they can fit me in. But anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this. On a side note is it actually possible to turn off the satnav? The manual makes no mention about this.
Thank you in advance
Regards Richard

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Richard, firstly welcome to the Forum, can I suggest you use the „Search“ Facility for this question as there have been several topics on this. Just enter Battery or battery Problems for example. This problem is well known and has been a frequent problem, either contact RAC or Nissan - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken