Honest John advice for a QQ Diesel owner who put petrol in!

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Might as well copy it in:

Q. I put six litres of petrol in my Nissan Qashqai diesel to top up the tank. What can I do? AS

A. If it was only six litres you should be OK, as long as you quickly add a lubricity additive (such as Wynn’s), run the car on high-lubricity superdiesel fuel and do not let the tank go below half full for at least 2,000 miles. With luck, the petrol will float on top, then gradually disperse into the diesel without damaging the high-pressure diesel injection pump. If you allow the tank to get low, then petrol could find its way into the pump. The only alternative is to empty the tank and dispose responsibly of the contaminated diesel.

Well that's a new approach.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Its qite amazing how people do this. I've not checked it on the QQ, but i did momenterraly place the petrol pump filler nozzel to my Diesel Mini Countryman and it would not even go in. Maybe the filler is not so clever on the QQ.
gloucester wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 pm Might as well copy it in:

Q. I put six litres of petrol in my Nissan Qashqai diesel to top up the tank. What can I do? AS

A. If it was only six litres you should be OK, as long as you quickly add a lubricity additive (such as Wynn’s), run the car on high-lubricity superdiesel fuel and do not let the tank go below half full for at least 2,000 miles. With luck, the petrol will float on top, then gradually disperse into the diesel without damaging the high-pressure diesel injection pump. If you allow the tank to get low, then petrol could find its way into the pump. The only alternative is to empty the tank and dispose responsibly of the contaminated diesel.

Well that's a new approach.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Unfortunately Nissan don't fit the new capless fillers which only let diesel nozzles fully enter the filler neck. A number of other brands do, including Volvo, Ford and Honda which, as it happens, I own one of each plus the Nissan. There's no danger of me misfuelling the Nissan though, because it absolutely never gets filled at a commercial filling station.