Dial memory resetting to zero and needles shaking.

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Alister24
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Alister24 »

Hello, as per title describes, this has happened a couple of times now. When trying to start it seems a little slow turning over, but fires up fine, then the Rev counter and speedo needles begin to shake rapidly and the info on the instruments reset to zero.. miles/average mpg so on.. has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know the cause? Is it an issue? Something just doesn’t seem right for it to be doing that?

Thanks in advance.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Please try to refrain from making multiple posts on the same issue. If someone can offer help, they will. Yes it is an issue but I don’t know what is causing it. An auto electrician is your best bet.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Hi Alister24, I’ve not had this fault personally but If you are competent with a multimeter then I would start with the obvious stuff first. With it being slow to turn over then I would check the battery connections and voltages, with the engine running and turned off. Then I would leave the engine turned off and take off the fuse box covers and check for water ingress, check relays are secure etc, maybe worth a check of any earth connections you can find to see if they are clean and secure. If all this checks out ok then like gvmdaddy said it’s probably best left to an auto electrician.
Only do these checks if you feel confident under the bonnet dealing with basic electric checks, especially with the engine running.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Haiderali123

Post by Haiderali123 »

Hi, did you get to the bottom of this?
QashOwl

Post by QashOwl »

Same thing has just happened to me, all was fine, stopped the car. Then went to start it again, MPG reset etc, and the needles twitch, and nothing. Car not turning over, anything.
Any info?
Dcmc
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Dcmc »

Hi. Just had this fault happen with my Qashqai n-tec+.
Did anyone find a solution?

When trying to start, starter motor is clicking.
Dash lights keep flashing like mad and dial needles are shaking all over the place. I had been using the car all day no problem then went to use it on evening and wouldn't go.
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Get the battery looked at think it maybe time to replace it