2011 1.5dci glow plugs

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
warren89

Post by warren89 »

Can anyone help me please. I need to remove the cover to access my glow plugs. Can please someone tell me how to remove the pipe on top of the cover please? Thanks

41F24820-CE46-4037-B226-3FBD30E34B44.jpeg

Daz Chaz
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Daz Chaz »

Yes, the cover will need removing.

I had the same problem removing the silver pipe and couldn't do it. II eventually managed to move the pipe enough to give me enough room to get the plastic cover off.

The silver pipe is meant to just lift off once you've remove the jubilee clip from the part where it joins the black rubber intercooler pipe and undone the 10mm bolt on the bracket that holds it to the engine block and remove the thin metal spring that holds it by the bulkhead. You can unclip this if you're tall enough by reaching in and doing it. Otherwise, go under your car, remove the engine under shield and take it off from under the car. While you're there you will see the two bolts that seem to hold the big black plastic pipe that seems to cause the problem. There is also another 10m bolt to remove that pipe by the bulkhead. Need to remove the adjoining pipe first to get to the bolt which is in the centre by the bulkhead.

Pipe can then be lifted up and out.

Hope this is clear and helps. If not, let me know. I did my glow plugs a couple of weeks ago and seem to have the same stupid side bracket on the silver pipe that u might have. That's what causes the problem.
60 Plate Qashqai N-Tec
Daz Chaz

Post by Daz Chaz »

IMG_0553.JPG

This is what my engine looks like. If it's not the same then you've got off lightly!
60 Plate Qashqai N-Tec
bstack10

Post by bstack10 »

Any chance of a video Dav Chaz i too have a Glow Plug issue and this pipe is proving very difficult to get out! :-(