Qashqai 1.2

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Ageratum
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Ageratum »

Hi Guys, I’m new here having owned a Qashqai 1.2 for around 12 months. The car doesn’t do much mileage and has had full Nissan service history. My wife reported to me the oil warning notification had come on and upon investigation I discovered the car had gone through around 2 litres of oil in around 5000 miles. This alarmed me and I took to the internet to investigate which has pretty much what brought me to here. There seems to me a mass of stories online about the 1.2 engine using oil. I’m struggling to go through all the information and make head or tail of what to do. I rang Nissan dealership and asked them about the engine. They said the loss was with in the tolerance level expected. He took details of my car and said the software updates had never been carried out and these needed doing and would improve the situation. Charge for this is £40. I’m a little bit confused on what to do next. Get the update done and see how it goes, top up and see what happens or trade it in. I don’t really want to trade it in as we love the car. But I have seen on here engines blowing up etc.... He did say something about a PD oil being used might improve things. Not sure what that is. Any advice or experiences would be greatly received. It’s a 14 plate Nissan Qashqai.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

PD oil is esential for the PD engine, as it is designed to work under the high compression conditions inside the PD engine which are much higher than a conventional diesel.

http://www.myarchive.us/richc/VW_TDI_with_PumpeDuse.pdf

OMG, hes suggesting you use Diesel Oil. The garage appear to be a bunch of cowboys, keep clear.

If Nissan should have updated your car software, then they should now do it at their cost. Contact your local trading standards.

My opinion here:

Your engine is knackered and is only going to get much worse, you need to sell it soon, or get the core engine replaced." A lot of these engines were fitted with the wrong piston rings or pistons. Again this is a manufacturing defect, again you need to talk to trading standards about taking Nissan to the small claims court if they do not repair your car at their cost.

Good luck, your going to need it :(
Ageratum wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm Hi Guys, I’m new here having owned a Qashqai 1.2 for around 12 months. The car doesn’t do much mileage and has had full Nissan service history. My wife reported to me the oil warning notification had come on and upon investigation I discovered the car had gone through around 2 litres of oil in around 5000 miles. This alarmed me and I took to the internet to investigate which has pretty much what brought me to here. There seems to me a mass of stories online about the 1.2 engine using oil. I’m struggling to go through all the information and make head or tail of what to do. I rang Nissan dealership and asked them about the engine. They said the loss was with in the tolerance level expected. He took details of my car and said the software updates had never been carried out and these needed doing and would improve the situation. Charge for this is £40. I’m a little bit confused on what to do next. Get the update done and see how it goes, top up and see what happens or trade it in. I don’t really want to trade it in as we love the car. But I have seen on here engines blowing up etc.... He did say something about a PD oil being used might improve things. Not sure what that is. Any advice or experiences would be greatly received. It’s a 14 plate Nissan Qashqai.
Ageratum

Post by Ageratum »

Hi yes, though having researched the oil online there is a version of PD oil for petrol cars. Not sure if anyone else has used it in their 1.2 engine.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This is a new one for me, i found a bit of info here https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/ ... &0&cc5_248

Suitable for use in petrol and diesel engines
VW specified 505.01 lubricant performance
Blended to ensure fuel efficiency, reduced wear and low emissions
Mid-low SAPS technology delivers a high level of engine cleanliness and protection from combustion contamination

So this oil is good for worn out or defective petrol engines, where excessive burnt exhaust gasses blow past the piston rings and enters the oil.
Ageratum wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:32 pm Hi yes, though having researched the oil online there is a version of PD oil for petrol cars. Not sure if anyone else has used it in their 1.2 engine.
Rhino2k

Post by Rhino2k »

Definitely call Nissan, they are fully aware of this issue and it should be rectified FOC.