1.5dci loss of power when cold

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
GasMan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by GasMan »

Hi I’ve got a 2013 QQ+2 1.5dci.

When the car is cold and having done <5miles it’ll hit a brick wall under acceleration and refuse to pick up power. The car judders a bit too. The way to cure it is to dip the clutch and hard rev it a few times. Power returns immediately and once warm it runs perfectly. I had s similar issue with s diesel Golf and on that it was the MAF sensor. Nissan have looked and say they can’t find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Could be all sorts. Fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors, egr valve, dpf, oxygen sensor. When was the last major service done?
GasMan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by GasMan »

The last major service cue was 14 months ago from the Nissan dealership where I was buying it. I have my suspicions that the fuel filter wasn’t changed though.
carlgoss
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by carlgoss »

That bloomin' judder again. I get this on and off. in first and second gear. Sometimes its so bad it seems like it's going to stop or fall to pieces! Then other times the car runs OK. In for service in a week or so so we'll see what they say.
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
carlgoss
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by carlgoss »

Quick follow up. The QQ needs a new flywheel/clutch! A well tuned, and I have to say excellent, mechanic had a test drive to experience the judder which he did, and heard an additional noise in the background, leading to the flywheel/clutch diagnosis Big job which I am glad to say is being done under warranty. Disturbing problem at less than 3 years, but hopefully the replacement will sort the juddering once and for all.
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade