2017 1.5D Tekna diesel filter

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Kevjohn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Kevjohn »

1,300 miles and the diesel filter warning light popped up, then off then on...... called the dealer and they said give it a hard drive. Still on and off. Took it in on Monday 2,000 on the clock and expected to pay for a new filter, as I assumed I had water in the fuel. SG Petch Durham were as good as could be expected. Good service and checked electrical and renewed the filter. They were not sure as to cause and hopes that it is now sorted. No charge. Impressed.

Stianlokkeberg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Stianlokkeberg »

After owning a qashqai, I am never, ever going to Buy another Nissan.your problem could just have been the Waterfiltersensor
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Just a question Stianlokkenberg, but why are you still here then?
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
Stianlokkeberg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Stianlokkeberg »

tophat57 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 pm Just a question Stianlokkenberg, but why are you still here then?
Because If I sell IT, its a top Big loss. Hard to be a Nissan /qashqai fan-boy when its utterly shit. Its a Good design, but electrical and software, and mechanical quality that looks like a 2 under par ‘premium’ car. Soundproofing like a tin-can, and a dealer (nissan) who could not give a shit about their customers.

Nissan is ranked nr 13th in my country, when IT comes to new-car guareantee
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I can't quite agree with you, but I do get you jibe. The QQ tries to run with BMW , Mercedes with some of the tech they offer, but Nissan can't offer the quality. The thing is, the QQ is a whole lot cheaper also. I paid £21k for my car new and thought it was a good deal, its not perfect but I feel i'm getting a lot of car for what I paid. Nissan need to improve the quality though, as all the returns must be hurting their profits and they would have much happier customers. A lot of the faults I am seeing with the newer cars are mostly avoidable. It would be nice to see a 4 or 5 year warranty.
Stianlokkeberg wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am
tophat57 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 pm Just a question Stianlokkenberg, but why are you still here then?
Because If I sell IT, its a top Big loss. Hard to be a Nissan /qashqai fan-boy when its utterly shit. Its a Good design, but electrical and software, and mechanical quality that looks like a 2 under par ‘premium’ car. Soundproofing like a tin-can, and a dealer (nissan) who could not give a shit about their customers.

Nissan is ranked nr 13th in my country, when IT comes to new-car guareantee
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

Honest guys, just had the diesel filter replaced!
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

If my opinion counts for anything! This is my second Qashqai in a year, the deal is beyond doubt worth taking, my son works for Nissan. We also have a BMW 325MSport Convertible and a Porsche. The Nissan keys always disappear first on a morning, the Porsche sits in the garage.

The Nissan is rammed with extras and works well, returning excellent mpg compared to the other two, it is only 1.5 but floats along. It is great to get the Porsche out on a nice day, but it shakes your teeth out and is noisy as.... The QQ is not a bad car.