Nissan Qashqai SUV tested breached the EU's NOx emissions guidance limit

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

According to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency's results of the Vehicle Market Surveillance Unit:
the Nissan Qashqai, track and real world tests gave results which were more than eight times higher than the NEDC (cold) test limit
Nissan advised that the size of the engine in this particular variant is comparatively smaller than some of their other models, meaning that it is working harder, and therefore producing more NOx. Nissan advised that they downsized the engine in an effort to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
In the meantime Nissan has confirmed that a new engine will be introduced for this particular variant of the Qashqai, in the summer.
I assume they are referring to the 1.2 petrol engine?

PDF report at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-2017.pdf

The Daily Mail has an article on this subject too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... sions.html
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sandgrounder, Thanks ! very interesting find as you mentioned it looks like the 1,2L and it does not look good. It is amazing that this is the first I have heard about this, we have been looking around so might have to look a little harder now - Dave :(
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

1.2l and 1.6l petrol engines should be discontinued and there will be new 1.3l as a replacement.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

I wondered why the road tax on my 1.2 DIGtwas higher than the 1.6 petrol. I should have delved deeper before purchase. AGAIN
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.