Fixing an Automatic Gearbox

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
steg@protonmail.com
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by steg@protonmail.com »

I am looking for insight, regarding an automatic gearbox and I'm trying to avoid having to buy a brand new car.

I have a 4x4 Qashqai J10 which is almost 10 years old and has done 220,000km so it's no surprise that it should have recently been diagnosed with automatic gearbox problems than require the replacement of some internal valves (I never knew that gearboxes had valves)
Up until this point it has been very reliable and the only major repairs have been the shock absorbers.

Date of manufacture 1/2008
Engine size 2.0L dCi 150CV
4x4
Engine Part No: M9R

Automatic Gearbox Part No: 31020-1XN1A
Automatic Gearbox (compatible alternative) Part No: 31020-1XN1R-EX

The trade-in value of the car: 4200€
Minimum cost for replacing part of the gearbox: 2300€
The cost for fitting a new replacement gearbox: 7500€

So the only viable alternative that I see is to find an Automatic Gearbox in a scrapyard that hasn't done too many miles / kilometres.
Surprisingly enough, these aren't so rare, so I might be in with a chance. However, I do I know if I have found a compatible one?
I have found various with the ref. no. 1XN0A & 1XN5C. But perhaps one is 4x4 and the other 4x2

Is there a website that lists which engine model is compatible with which gearbox?
Preferably with some kind of description of differences.
I found one for Engine but not for gearbox.
https://www.proxyparts.com/wiki/engine- ... l/qashqai/

Also, is the part number of the gearbox visible or do you have to remove it from the car before you can see it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.