Qashqai Tekna dci 1.5 won't start

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
specky
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by specky »

Hi all, I own Qashqai tekna 2011 1.5 dci. I had no issues with car till this morning. Today when I started the car it groaned for 2 seconds and then engine didn't turn on. I thought it was battery issue. I bought battery charger from halfords: http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... s-up-to-3l but it didn't help. Now I am left with no clue as what else could be wrong with the car as it was working perfectly fine last night. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

plumduff8
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by plumduff8 »

Just gone through the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I bought an ex demo Tekna 1.5 ( fully loaded - top of the range ) in July 2015 - first registered March 2015. For as long as I have owned it, there have been electrical issues - blind spot warning not working properly, parking sensors / camera etc. and stop start worked once in a blue moon. Dealer gave every excuse under the sun. Last month ( a few weeks after the warranty ran out ) car would not start one morning. DEALER NOT INTERESTED. Called out RAC who jump started the car and told me it was probably just the battery ( at 3 years old ? ). Went on to the internet and found that there were literally hundreds of Qashqai owners with the same problem, some of whom had no problem getting a replacement battery - some had no joy. Spoke to Nissan customer service who told me to take the car to the dealership and have the battery analysed, but I wold have to pay for the analysis. I then bought a new battery from an online supplier and lo and behold, the stop start works every time I stop, and all the other electrical problems have suddenly disappeared. NISSAN ARE WELL AWARE THAT THERE IS/WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERIES, THEY WERE SIMPLY NOT UP TO COPING WITH THE DEMAND FROM THE CAR THEREFORE THEY WERE " NOPT FIT FOR PURPOSE ". If you decide to buy a new battery, make sure it is an AGM type. My experience of Qashqai ownership has been anything but positive, and I would advise others to think twice before buying one !
specky
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by specky »

I am at garage now. I got home breakdown cover but had to wait 24 hours before I could use the breakdown service. The guy did everything but nothing worked and then he brought steel rod from his truck and said to me start the engine and hit couple times into starter motor and car started! I am now changing starter motor can’t take more risk. I must admit my old Toyota never failed me for 9 years and I have Qashqai for one year and garage bill is way more than what Toyota cost me
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

If you used Nissan breakdown cover, which is provided free during warranty period,
and at each subsequent service at a Nissan dealer, they've provided many QQ drivers with replacement foc.
Nissan have apparently issued thousands to the RAC, and know a batch of FIAMM batteries were duff.
If your replacement battery is of different capacity, you'll need to get it recoded to the car.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If your battery is replaced the car needs to know that its new. Apparently over time the car charges older batteries more aggressively. If you don't tell the car the battery is new it will get over charged & reduce its life.

Gel wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:52 pm If you used Nissan breakdown cover, which is provided free during warranty period,
and at each subsequent service at a Nissan dealer, they've provided many QQ drivers with replacement foc.
Nissan have apparently issued thousands to the RAC, and know a batch of FIAMM batteries were duff.
If your replacement battery is of different capacity, you'll need to get it recoded to the car.