problem with Red Malfunction light after replacement of DPF

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
scotsmiss
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by scotsmiss »

Hi my local garage has just replaced the DPF in my 2011 Qashqai due to the car conking out on the dual carriageway last week. The red engine malfunction light would not go out despite them telling the on board computer that the DPF had been changed out. They have reset the computer twice now and each time it comes one after about 20-30 mins driving. The DPF was not a Nissan part but was purchased for this type and age of the car. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this ongoing problem?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

There is a dpf pressure sense line going to the exhaust that gets blocked from carbon deposits, you may want to look at this. There is at least one thread on this subject. The search may help you.
scotsmiss wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:19 pm Hi my local garage has just replaced the DPF in my 2011 Qashqai due to the car conking out on the dual carriageway last week. The red engine malfunction light would not go out despite them telling the on board computer that the DPF had been changed out. They have reset the computer twice now and each time it comes one after about 20-30 mins driving. The DPF was not a Nissan part but was purchased for this type and age of the car. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this ongoing problem?
dani87

Post by dani87 »

Did you find oit what the fault codes were? I might be able to help you.
scotsmiss
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by scotsmiss »

Hi no I don’t know what the codes are. There was a sensor that my garage had disconnected to get to the DPF which they now think may be damaged and needs replacing. The car seems to run ok until I’ve travelled about 15-20 miles then the red engine malfunction light comes on, but the car is driving ok.