NISSAN QASHQAI J11 1.6 DIG-T Check Engine Problem

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
blackdog

Post by blackdog »

Hi guys!

I have a NISSAN QASHQAI J11 1.6 DIG-T ACENTA from 2015 and I drive it from June 2016. My QASHQAI is wonderful, but recently I got stuck with a problem and I'm starting to lose my hope with it. I will paste here the message sent to NISSAN UK in order to find out more about this problem because no one tells me much.

"Hello NISSAN!

starting from February, this year (2018), my NISSAN QASHQAI J11 1.6 DIG-T ACENTA, has begun to have some problems with it's engine.

The problems consist in:

- "Check engine" (orange/yellow) light appeared from February and after multiple service visits (where they reset the computer) appears again and again after going a certain amount of miles/kilometers.
- The engine behaves normally most of the time, with some exceptions when it gives the feeling that it has loss of power (especially in lower gears) and sometimes is shaky in the first gear.

In 2 years time since I use the car I made all service maintenance and service repairs at the same dealer in Romania. Since the problem has appeared first time (February 2018) I was in service 5 times and all they did was:

- checking the engine
- resetting the computer each time (and after a while check engine light appeared again)
- replacing the EGR (but with no success, it was not that)

Also, they claim that they have another car with the same specifications as mine in the same situation.

They ordered some OEM parts since 23 May 2018 but even now they did not arrive and the issue is still on.

I would like to learn more information and to have at least a solution for my car's case because soon the warranty will expire and it's not funny.

So, please, give me at least answers/solutions to this issues:

1. Do you have any information/knowledge about similar cases in Europe or worldwide?

2. What alternatives do I have if the service does not fix my car's issues in time?

3. To whom do I have to address this issue, report the problem further and identify the solutions?

If you need more information about this do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you very much! I'll wait an answer from you.

P.S. I already contacted NISSAN Romania. They did not provide any solution/answer from 5 June 2018 since I contacted them."

Sorry for the long post, but I searched for any similar problems and I can't find any solution. Maybe you can help me with some advice.
Thank you very much!

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If you have a fault before the car warranty runs out and the fault continues, even if your warranty has expired. Nissan still have to fix your car under the warranty conditions. This applies to the UK and EU as far as I know, who knows about Romania?
Mocca

Post by Mocca »

Did you change battery?
blackdog

Post by blackdog »

Mocca wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:30 pm Did you change battery?
Yes! The dealer replaced the battery exactly after the "check engine" light appeared first time. In January, in a harsh winter day, -22° C the original FIAMM battery died and the engine did not started at all. In February, they replaced the battery, reinit the params and the "check engine" light was gone. After two weeks the "check engine" light appeared again with the new battery.
blackdog

Post by blackdog »

Daewar wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:02 pm If you have a fault before the car warranty runs out and the fault continues, even if your warranty has expired. Nissan still have to fix your car under the warranty conditions. This applies to the UK and EU as far as I know, who knows about Romania?
Good to know. Thank you!
blackdog

Post by blackdog »

So,

I'm getting back on this topic to tell you that my specific issue with check engine it's now gone.
They waited 2 months for an EGR Valve Filter Gasket or at least that's what they are telling me. So, by making this change they fixed the problem with check engine light.
Something like this:

So, to keep on going, after this "update" my engine has now a very weird (unusual) noise like a cooler blade from time to time is scratching a metal wall, but very subtle. You can hear a very similar sound in this video at 0:06 / 0:14 / 0:27 and so on:

I can hear the sound inside the car while driving and it's emphasized when I release the gas pedal after I accelerate it a bit.

Do you guys have any idea what it could be? Their engineers already told me that they hear no noise, no unusual sound or the sound I am describing. But it's there.

If these problems won't fix soon enough, I will not buy any NISSAN car from now on... There is no Japanese technology in all these, and if there is any, their engineers will break it anyway.

Please help! Thank you!