main dealer engine replacement

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, hopefully you are going to be one happy man :D when you get the QQ back - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

paplane

Post by paplane »

chrisw99 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:02 am
paplane wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:57 am Personally, I'd just let them get on with it and replace what parts of the engine they want to and think no more about it. You'll get the car back and it won't rattle, so job done. So what if the engine ancillaries are the original?

And when you eventually sell, I wouldn't even tell any new buyer that the engine's been replaced, for fear of raising any doubts in their minds as to if the car hadn't been looked after.
Just dropped it off and saw the job card, it's a full new engine, new turbocharger, the lot. Quite surprised really, but not complaining!
Sounds like a good result then.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Got the car back at lunchtime and have a drive around. Some things are immediately apparent:

* The rattle has gone
* The vibration at idle which was getting quite bad is no longer present. I can sit at lights and touch the dashboard and not feel a thing. New spark plugs probably helped there or tightened/new engine mounts
* The bearing type noise worst on startup but ever present (posted previously with a vid is gone, or at least not loud enough to be heard over other noise. Probably was one of the pulleys on the engine.
* The high frequency noise which could be heard whenever ignition was on but engine was off is no longer present.

Early days, but so far so good. Fingers crossed the oil consumption has gone now too.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T