Low power ( 1.5dci / 2012 J10 )

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
pablocullen
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by pablocullen »

Hello!

We have recently had a few issues with a faulty turbo inlet pipe, apparently its a hugely common fault but the replacement (an official Nissan part) also went! We've had the DPF blocked up a couple of times because of this but when we replaced the pipe again i took the DPF off completely and soaked it in DPF cleaner, washed it out / dried it etc. all running fine... ish.

The car does not have any real turbo or power at all, i mean it will get up to 60 but i have a 1.6 citroen c4 and in comparison the Qashqai feels like its got less then a litre under the hood. For example if im on a gradient, stopped i have to rev to 2500 / 3000 just to get moving again, often i forget to do this and just stall outright, its really quite bad.

Im thinking that potentially its an issue with the turbo or vacuum line. When i come out after leaving the car for a few hours, maybe overnight the brakes are solid. Much to my dismay as the darn handbrake cable seems to need tightening again!

Any advice on where to look? Are there common components that fail along the vacuum lines?

Thanks in advance!

Paul
Last edited by pablocullen on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grin factor
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Grin factor »

I would have thought the work done, which you say is recent from Nissan would be still under its warranty?
It dies sound to me like the turbo is not working, but unless it is seen it’s hard to judge.
pablocullen

Post by pablocullen »

Thanks Grin, i've edited my post, i meant to say its an original Nissan part. I have done some more tests, one of which was a vacuum test. There appears to be a vacuum leak on the solenoid attached to the right hand side of the engine. Ive ordered a new one and should have it within a couple of days.

Ill update the post when i have replaced the solenoid.
pablocullen

Post by pablocullen »

Hello!

So an quick update, i have replaced the solenoid and the vacuum leak is definitely gone, the turbo kicks in around 2100 RPM now, quite noticable and the brakes are much sharper, still very low on power early doors in first gear, i have to rev it up to 2100 odd to get it to move up a slight incline, its like it hesitates to rev up at a constant rate.

I would say i'm 50% there but not fully fixed yet. Should i just go and get the DPF deleted? Could that be the issue? Or a MAF?

Any advice greatly appreciated, i dont want to throw sensors at this car randomly.

Thanks!

Paul