Car Jerks When Accelerating and loss of power

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
space536

Post by space536 »

Just noticed that Nissan Qashqai 2015 1.5dCi (40K Kms) started to Jerk When Accelerating , the engine appeared to misfire and lose power
The condition appeared to be temporary (about 5 mins)
The engine appeared to rattle slightly during this jerking and there was a substantial loss of power
The engine then returned to its normal self again after around 5 mins , will see if this happens again tomorrow, no abnormal warning lights appeared on console
Anybody experienced this type of behaviour before ? and is it something I need to look into ?, could this be a Catalytic converter or fuel issue ?

johnels79

Post by johnels79 »

Hi, Im noticing something similar on my 2015 Tekna, 35K on the clock and its very intermittent but been accruing over the last few weeks. I find mine last only a few seconds. Revs drop or the needle is very erratic.
3rd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT Propilot - Nightshade Black - 9th July 2020
2nd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT - Nightshade Black - 6th July 2019 - Rejected
1st Qashqai 1.5cc Dci Tekna - 28th Jan 2015
QsqiTknaMk2_RK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by QsqiTknaMk2_RK »

Hi there,

Did the problem happen again? if so what was the cause and any hint on how to fix it?

My 2014 1.2 Tekna has just started to do this. Managed to drive it back home, but the engine fires, needles swing widely and then it slowly dies before I could move. Then I hear faint thuds as if the engine is getting turned on every few seconds until I press the start/stop button to turn off the ignition.

Many thanks,
rabi