Intimitent power and poor idling

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
AdamC
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by AdamC »

Hi all,

I have a 2010 1.5 dci Qashqai, 70,000 miles on the clock, I’ve owned the car for 3 months now and have not had one single problem with it, then on Sunday, I came to a junction and the car just cut out, I re started it and same again, gave it another go and it was fine so continued home, got home and it was still running fine, got it booked into the garage to get checked and when I came to drive it down to the garage, the idle was lumpy and it’s as if it had a rediculous amount of turbo lag, foot down and it stayed at just over 1000rpm for about 5 seconds and then launched me, every time I slowed down this happened, the garage have spent 3 days looking at it and are saying the diagnostics are showing everything is fine even though when the mechanic took it out it was still playing up, now they say they’ve investigated further and can’t find anything, they have called today and said the only thing they think it could be is my model requires an ECU software update. Can anyone shed some light on this? Many thanks and sorry for the long story.