Cruise control

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mikee

Post by mikee »

i have a new qashqui 1.6 tekna CVT .When in cruise control , you can feel continual juddering (slight acceleration and then deaccel ) this is specially noticable over 50 mph. has any one else found this. mikee
MIKEE

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I only have the manual mate and no vibrationsBook it in for a check over even if others have same problem thats not right and can only get worse
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mikee, drove today a 1.2L QQ Acenta from the Dealer and played around with the Cruise Control and it was very smooth even using the + / - acceleration / deceleration on the Steeing Wheel, our Juke is also very smooth. Could it be a CVT related ? - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Not noticed but have only had one very short trip where it made any sense to even try it out, will find a reason during the week and report back.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="mikee"]i have a new qashqui 1.6 tekna CVT .When in cruise control , you can feel continual juddering (slight acceleration and then deaccel ) this is specially noticable over 50 mph. has any one else found this. mikee[/QUOTE]
I have the same car as you have and I have also experienced this over 73 kmph. Funny thing is that it does not behave all the time like this. Whenever I tried to reproduce this it did not occur. I have about 1300 km driven and it has happened twice so far (slightly uphill drive). I checked with a dealer if there is any "fix" for this and he only has found fix for cruise control, which had different cause description. Let's see, what time will tell.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
con

Post by con »

Hi, I have found the same quirk on a few occasions with my 1.6 Tekna. It has happened both on cruise control and off. Seems to happen when cruising at just over 2k rpm. I'm reluctant to take it to the dealer as it is intermittent. My luck I can't reproduce it for them.