Qashqai Automatic Gearbox Issues

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Qashqai Automatic Gearbox Issues

Post by DaveBerlin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:54 pm

This might be worth a quick read as it points out the CVT problems and there are some comments on the legal side but unfortunately US based, but you never know you might learn something - Dave 😏

Should You Trust Nissan's CVT? - Nissan Problems : http://www.nissanproblems.com/cvt/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

jpatou
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by jpatou » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi All. My Nissan Qashqai+2 2.0 Automatic (purchased 01/2012) on 2/12/2019 stopped moving and transferred to the authorised dealer in Limassol (Cyprus) for investigation. I was notified that the problem is the gearbox and need to be replaced. Really disappointing to find out that there are so many CVT owners having problem and forced to replace it and nothing happens from the official NISSAN. Other makes in such a case they recall to replace the problematic cars but for NISSAN in Europe this is not a case ;(
Do you know who is the responsible in NISSAN Europe and where to send an email for this problems?

SamSoji
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SamSoji » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:51 pm

hi all. have similar issues and will take a look at the suggested sites but would be interested to hear if anything comes out from Nissan directly. Its really disappointing to hear so many people with the same issues. bought mine, which is a 15 plate, 18 months ago and Nissan service repair told me its about 6000 for a new gearbox.