1.2DiG T Tekna Automatic - stalling

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
AlanRP
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by AlanRP »

Apologies if this topic has already been covered but I couldn’t find anything.
I have a Qashqai 1.2DiG T Tekna automatic that I bought new in January 2016 and has now done approx. 13,800 miles. The car has been regularly serviced by the Nissan dealer from whom I purchased it. In June 2017 the battery failed and was replaced by the RAC, replacement of the battery took 5-10 minutes but the RAC man then spent about 45 minutes reloading the software. Over the past few months, the car randomly stalls when driving off from stationary e.g. it has happened several times when stopping at a T-junction and then turning into the main road. Yesterday, I was backing out from my drive and stopped with the rear wheels in the gutter but as I started off again i.e. to go up the camber in the road, it stalled again. This is the first time it has happened in reverse, on all other occasions, it has been in “drive”. The problem occurs both when the engine is hot or cold.
The car has been checked by 2 Nissan dealers, neither of whom were able to reproduce the problem and nor were they able to find any fault codes. Both dealers say the software is up to date. I have spoken to Nissan on a couple of occasions but they have not had any reports of this problem.
Does anyone know what the problem might be please?

Diesel_mo72

Post by Diesel_mo72 »

Same here I have same car same year same problems
AlanRP

Post by AlanRP »

Thanks for the message, it's nice to know I'm not the only one!
If don't mind me asking, have you reported the problem to Nissan? I have been in touch with them several times and on each occasion, they have categorically denied that anyone else has reported the same problem.
Theblend

Post by Theblend »

Hi there I have the same issue, random stalling from tick over. Dealership cannot find fault or replicated problem. Asked me to keep a log and was then told there was no point, on-line diagnostics show no fault and this has been an issue for 2 years.

I've also had a software update that was supposed to possibly fix the issue. Didn't...

It's in dealership again today. If I get a solution I'll post back.
Rlschub

Post by Rlschub »

Hi
I’ve just come across this thread. I purchased my 66 plate 1.2Dig T Tekna a month ago, and 2 and a half weeks into owning it, I raised this same issue with the dealership. Mine generally stalls when going from reverse into drive. They’ve had it for a total of 4 days over a couple of visits to the garage for diagnostics, and can’t replicate the issue or find a fault code.
Have been advised the same, try to video the fault, or find anything in particular that makes it happen.
I don’t suppose either of you got to the bottom of it?
I purchased the car with a 30 day exchange policy, Nissan won’t honour it until a fault is found by them. TIA
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Can't help I'm afraid - but note that the poster above you hasn't been back since "Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm"
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)