P047D fault code - after replacement of notorious turbo inlet pipe

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Coriloso
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Coriloso »

So, I had a call from the wife explaining the car had lost power blah blah.
Two engine management lights on. One red one yellow.
Recovery comes and locates snapped turbo inlet.
We order a new one and fit it and borrow a friend reader. Clear the codes P0299 turbo charger low boost. And P047D generic.
Both lights go out. Fantastic!

So go to take it for a test drive, and when the Revs increase, the red light comes on and limp mode is activated. Im sure it’s arounf the revs of when the turbo should spool. But the red light goes off when the Revs drop below 1000rpm.

It’s been in for diagnostic today and the garage Has said it’s the exhaust pressure sensor and it’ll be £400 to fix... But they can’t gurantee it will work as the systems are complex and it could be another part required instead of. (Not a main dealer)!

Has anyone had this problem before?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Never had this problem, but there are a few posts where the sensor line needs cleaning as its blocked & nothing is wrong with the sensor. My advice would be to remove the sensor line first & clean it out.
Coriloso wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm So, I had a call from the wife explaining the car had lost power blah blah.
Two engine management lights on. One red one yellow.
Recovery comes and locates snapped turbo inlet.
We order a new one and fit it and borrow a friend reader. Clear the codes P0299 turbo charger low boost. And P047D generic.
Both lights go out. Fantastic!

So go to take it for a test drive, and when the Revs increase, the red light comes on and limp mode is activated. Im sure it’s arounf the revs of when the turbo should spool. But the red light goes off when the Revs drop below 1000rpm.

It’s been in for diagnostic today and the garage Has said it’s the exhaust pressure sensor and it’ll be £400 to fix... But they can’t gurantee it will work as the systems are complex and it could be another part required instead of. (Not a main dealer)!

Has anyone had this problem before?