CVT fluid change?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
funpig
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by funpig »

We are new QQ owners in Canada.

I am curious as to whether any long-time QQ owners on this forum change the cvt fluid in their vehicles.

The owners manual says only to inspect and maybe change at about 100k km if under harsh conditions. I have seen cvt fluid changes on youtube for other Nissans e.g. sentra, altima, juke etc. The old fluid looks very dark. It seems to me that a regular transmission drain and fill would be a good preventative measure.
2018 Nissan Qashqai S AWD 2.0L (Canada)

duncho

Post by duncho »

Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
funpig

Post by funpig »

duncho, thanks. One response in one week, and it is on other forum in Czech. As far as i can make out using google translate, the oil sure looked pretty dirty and your QQ should benefit from change.

But i am surprised by the lack of responses here. Do rest of members on this uk site not change their cvt fluid and accept that the nissan cvt fluid should be "lifetime"? On the North American site, some owners are try to find a cvt dipstick for their vehicles so they can at least check level and condition of the oil. Do your QQs have a cvt dipstick? Do any of you know where to buy one? Thanks.
2018 Nissan Qashqai S AWD 2.0L (Canada)
duncho

Post by duncho »

I am of the opinion that in Europe not many car owners care about CVT life span as most of them lease their cars or sell it after Nissan warranty expires. I did CVT fluid change because I tend to keep my car for longer than 3 years ( 5 years now) and also as I want to avoid having some problems with CVT transmission. So far all good. Here is translated website I posted previously:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... 4vbLF8Vnhw

Frank_j11

Post by Frank_j11 »

duncho wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:36 am Yes, just google translate:
http://www.nissanclub.cz/forum-tema/j11 ... vky-337802
Im going to do it definately ,after your great tutorial!!
I just have a question about air purge...do i have to shift the lever (from P to Ds at 5 sec interval) with level plug off??

So , if im right, pour ns3 in, with engine on, and leave level plug off, do the "air purge" , and then , when i will get just drops from level plug,screw it back?
duncho

Post by duncho »

hi Frank,
drop me an email on modules4U@gmail.com

1.2 DIG-T
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by 1.2 DIG-T »

30,000 miles is recommended with both filters!

Called my local dealers and they said it doesn't need doing if it's not giving you trouble? Not very good advise when a repair to these boxes is very expensive :evil:
Prevention is always better than cure!!!