farty noise on accelerating

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mik
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mik »

just bought a 2nd hand 1.2 dig t 15 plate qashqia and it has started making a strange noise on accelerating (not always) seems like it is coming from the pedal area any suggestions please.

QQuestions
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by QQuestions »

I have the same issue with the 1.2 petrol 2017. You described the noise perfectly! I'm wondering if it's just a characteristic of this engine or if something is genuinely wrong. There is an oil loss issue that's well documented on this forum but I've not had the car long enough to see if it's that.

Also, does your engine tap loudly on idle? Can you check this for me? Here's a video of mine ...

Lemme know.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I could be wrong, but that sounds like the fuel injectors. You need to give the engine a few revs to see if the sound changes. With a badly worn timing chain the sound is like a diesel engine.
QQuestions wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:25 pm I have the same issue with the 1.2 petrol 2017. You described the noise perfectly! I'm wondering if it's just a characteristic of this engine or if something is genuinely wrong. There is an oil loss issue that's well documented on this forum but I've not had the car long enough to see if it's that.

Also, does your engine tap loudly on idle? Can you check this for me? Here's a video of mine ...

Lemme know.
QQuestions

Post by QQuestions »

I spoke with a mechanic and he says this is a 'characteristic' of the 1.2 petrol engine, a small engine moving a big lump of a car etc. No need to worry!
QQuestions

Post by QQuestions »

So, I got this fixed eventually. Nissan said that there was some kind of oil leak and the engine management system decided to manage itself into making more of a vibration sound on acceleration!! They reprogrammed the ECU and its gone now (although the check engine light is still on, they say that happens in one in a hundred cars and should go away randomly at some point in the future).
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

QQuestions wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 am (........the check engine light is still on, they say that happens in one in a hundred cars and should go away randomly at some point in the future).
I'd be straight back with that, a check engine light is an MOT failure these days. Can't believe the mentality of some dealer workshops.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red