Post by sbrace06 »

Don't know mate they had it overnight

sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

So they could drive it from cold to see
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I ask because to really check the clutch you have to remove the gearbox from the engine. This will cost you monies if they don't find anything wrong. All they are doing is giving your car a test drive, not quite the same as inspecting the clutch. Much cheaper though :)

sbrace06 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 pm So they could drive it from cold to see
RVW

Post by RVW »

All depends on how good the mechanic is? When I had mine done it was left overnight they then checked from cold straight from the carpark. Then they agreed there was a problem and booked it in for gearbox out for investigation. The rest was history.
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
sbrace06

Post by sbrace06 »

I'll see how it goes for a few weeks. As I said im used to pulling away in the focus with no throttle so it's poss I haven't been giving the kumkwat enough
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Whilst its nice to see the derv guys chipping in, you all need to keep in mind there are fundemental difference between the 2 engines/drive trains and this will alter the transmission characteristics.

The petrol will use a single mass flywheel, where as derv's will use a dual mass flywheel. This does mean there is less to go wrong with a petrol engine transmission,

Despite it being, in my opinion, the better petrol engine in the range, the 1.6 DIG-T wasnt a popular engine in the Pular or Qashqai, however sold reasonably well in the Juke.

The clutch in my 1.6 DIG-T Pulsar is good, but I can find its bite a bit 'harsh' on occasions. I know the Pulsar engine has more power than the Qashqai version so not sure if there is a mechanical difference between the 2 (190PS vs 160PS - I really dont know why Nissan did this! It was almost as though they wanted the1.6DIG-T to fail in the Qashqai!) Mine may have juddered a couple of times in the past but its not a repeatable condition and may happen once every few months.

I know my 1.6 doesnt like to dordle from a stand start and not enough revs will cause a kangaroo effect.... could this be what you are experiancing?
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

I'd be inclined to give the MAF sensor a jolly good clean with a no-residue electronic parts cleaner. A good spraying into the little hole in the sensor body followed by a thorough drying out before popping it back in again. If the MAF sensor isn't responding properly at low flow levels then fuelling will be incorrect and torque will be adversely affected. Something similar can occur if the EGR gets sticky. The loss of low end power will make the engine sensitive to loading which can exacerbate relatively minor clutch issues.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
sbrace06

Post by sbrace06 »

In reply to spank, I've been told the 1.6 dig-t uses a dual mass flywheel
sbrace06

Post by sbrace06 »

I've not had this as much the last week or so, maybe I'm getting more used to the car
sbrace06

Post by sbrace06 »

Still happening, they are having the car for a few days to a week from next Thursday